looks awesome!

Comment

Is that the Elbon Rye UF?

Comment

Originally posted by gigem95 View Post
          Is that the Elbon Rye UF?
          Yes it is.

Comment

Looking Great Steve! We have a couple of good looking plots now. Had another 8/10ths on them last Fri night. Should be looking even better now. I need to fertilize them. I bet it would help them even more.
            Good luck on getting a good one soon.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
              Looking Great Steve! We have a couple of good looking plots now. Had another 8/10ths on them last Fri night. Should be looking even better now. I need to fertilize them. I bet it would help them even more.
              Good luck on getting a good one soon.
              Thanks my friend! Good luck to yall too!

Comment

Want some opinions on this deer.

I first saw this big 6pt back in 2011 a year after I bought the place.

He looked fairly mature to me in 2011.

Saw him again in person in 2012 but then didn't see him again for 2 years until this past January a deer shows up that looks just like him. Big mature 6 pt with the same type frame.....big forks.

Another pic from Jan 2015....

Then I get a pic of a mature 6 this week.

I think it could be the same deer from 2011 which would put him somewhere in the neighborhood of 7-9 years old. I've seen this deer in person twice....once in 2011 and once in 2012.

Would love some opinions.

Comment

That's an old, old deer!!!

Comment

He needs to get shot regardless of how exactly old he is....but I know one thing he is 5.5 easy

Comment

UF, my larger plot had about 1-2" of standing water last week. I am pretty sure it will be gone by now. My seeds in some places have yet to come up. You think they still have a chance if the water subsided?

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                        He needs to get shot regardless of how exactly old he is....but I know one thing he is 5.5 easy
                        Absolutely if he shows up he's getting an arrow flung his way. Would be a great first deer for my 10 year old daughter but my place is definitely not his home range.

Comment

Originally posted by txjustin View Post
                          UF, my larger plot had about 1-2" of standing water last week. I am pretty sure it will be gone by now. My seeds in some places have yet to come up. You think they still have a chance if the water subsided?
                          So you have partial germination? How tall are the plants that came up?

Unless the seeds got washed away yes they should have sprouted by now. Everything you planted should be up within 7 days and visible.

I had a couple low spots that never came up because the seeds were washed out.

You can go back and overseed now if you had some seed leftover and it should be good with all the moisture.

Comment

I have 2 very small plots and they are coming up pretty well. These were planted Oct 24th. Not sure if they are coming along as they should.
                            Those pictures were taken 1 week later on the 30th.

Comment

So what I thought I knew about the rut on my property may have been wrong. Saw a nice shooter 8 yesterday afternoon making another scrape and then locked on a doe. Earliest I have ever seen it happen here.

So I freshened up the big scrape in the plot with some doe pee and hung a pee soaked hanger there too.

A few hours later after dark the big 6 shows up licking that hanger.

Better pic of him. He is 8 or 9 years old.

Also got a pic of this 10pt working that scrape.

Had my little sleepy eyed hunting buddy with me this morning.
                              Last edited by unclefish; 11-15-2015, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Plots are outstanding. The 160lbs of fertilizer I put out really boosted them out of the chute.

Brassicas

Clover and Elbon Rye....

Chicory and Rye.

Comment

Working...
                                X