Views:	123
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	26794877

Comment

My Egyptian wheat is exploding with the rains - 3-4’ tall

the millet and sorghum is coming up strong too
      Attached Files

Comment

This is my home plot. Sunn hemp, sunflowers, buckwheat, and iron clay peas. Note the height of the sunn hemp in the exclusion cage vs the rest of the plot. Click image for larger version  Name:	05250012.jpg Views:	0 Size:	89.3 KB ID:	26813141 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2924.jpg Views:	0 Size:	121.9 KB ID:	26813142

Comment

Just made it down to my other lease near Rusk to fill up my protein feeder. This food plot was sunn hemp, iron clay peas, buckwheat, and sunflowers. The sunflowers that I planted were bird food from TSC that someone on here said he’d had good luck with. No bueno for me, I didn’t see a sunnflower one. No buckwheat either, but I may have ran out of that seed before we planted this plot. The peas and sunn hemp are growing well and I’m pretty happy with this plot. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2933.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	26813909 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2932.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	106.0 KB
ID:	26813910

Comment

Looks like my early planting date gamble paid off. This is a first time plot, so didn't have high hopes for it, was just hoping to get some good cover in place prior to archery season. Planted a quail mix from hancock, plus sorghum sudangrass on the perimeter. It's an absolute jungle. Average height is about 5ft, some places well over 7'. Hogs got after it pretty early, which turned up a lot of johnson grass seed, but will take care of that in the fall with a higher rate of cereal rye.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8018.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	701.1 KB
ID:	26815137

Comment

Riding around on the ranger and snapped this photo of my joint vetch and it’s flourishing with all the rain recently, deer trails all through it. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5135.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	678.7 KB
ID:	26815202

Comment

All this rain has everybody's stuff exploding. I'm really just hoping my egyptian wheat gets 8-10' for some privacy from neighbors...

One spot I really wanted it didnt grow at all, no idea why.. 10' away its 4' tall

Comment

Im crossing my fingers that ours still look good when I go up this weekend. They looked really good last time i was up there. We have had plenty of rain so they should be good. But this time last year is when the cows decided they wanted their turn at the plots and all I found was cow **** when I checked on them. Hopefully the cows are laying off of them this year with all the other greens throughout the ranch.

Comment

Working...
                  X