Anybody feeding Double Down ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody feeding Double Down ?

We refilled our protein feeders this past weekend, I ordered three 2000 lb super sacks from the feed store, I noticed when we dumped the feed that the size of the pellets were small, like maybe 3/16 inch long at the most, probably closer to 1/8 th inch long, anybody ever see this before ? There was quite a bit of fines in the mix as well.

Don’t matter how big the pellet is because you’ll have 200” deer in no time💪 😂

we feed the RHR from dilley and sometimes we see the same thing, (same place the double down is made)

Comment

Never seen it myself after 5 or 6 years of feeding DD.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
        Never seen it myself after 5 or 6 years of feeding DD.
        you buying bulk or 50 lb bags ? I guess if it gets eaten it will not matter, just concerned that there will be lots of fines that may end up clogging the feeder tubes.

Comment

Seen it as well, think they said they have a hard time getting the pellet to hold together because of using so much peanuts, deer eat it fine regardless

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
            Seen it as well, think they said they have a hard time getting the pellet to hold together because of using so much peanuts, deer eat it fine regardless
            Kinda what I was thinking or at least hoping to hear.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post

you buying bulk or 50 lb bags ? I guess if it gets eaten it will not matter, just concerned that there will be lots of fines that may end up clogging the feeder tubes.
              I take that back. When I 1st started using it ,it was more prone to break up. seems like it isn't as moist as it was. No matter what the deer eat it up. Never any issues with clogged tubes.
              I buy in bags. Normally only need 30 bags or so.

Comment

[QUOTE=jason86;n26753870]Don’t matter how big the pellet is because you’ll have 200” deer in no time💪 😂

LOL - usually in just one year according to the promoter

Comment

Working...
                X