Finally a biggun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally a biggun

Finally a decent size boar hog. I think this old boar may be big enough that he’s worth my time sitting with my bow.
    It’s been very slow on pig sightings this year and I don’t really know why. This place is usually infested with pigs, and some big ones too. Not this year though.

The buck is for size comparison.

Attached Files

That sucker has some Shanks

Comment

Hope he shows up in the daylight for you.

Comment

Stick him !

Comment

Originally posted by fish4food View Post
          That sucker has some Shanks
          Yes and I couldn’t help but notice how pronounced his shield is.
          That sucker is going to be thick!!!
          Attached Files
          Last edited by PondPopper; 12-26-2023, 05:04 AM.

Comment

Now this big fat girl shows up.
            She will make some great sausage!!

Attached Files

Comment

Have you ever tried shooting through the shield with a stick and string? I saw that as well. I’d Imagine at least 2” thick.

I’ve shoulder shot a few but can’t recall any with shields that pronounced. I know knife darn sure won’t go through them when trying to stick one caught by dogs. I’ve gotten a little excited a few times and missed the pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by fish4food View Post
                Have you ever tried shooting through the shield with a stick and string? I saw that as well. I’d Imagine at least 2” thick.

I’ve shoulder shot a few but can’t recall any with shields that pronounced. I know knife darn sure won’t go through them when trying to stick one caught by dogs. I’ve gotten a little excited a few times and missed the pocket.
                I did it once 25+ years ago, shot straight through the shield, on the biggest, and prettiest boar, I've ever had the chance to kill. He was a true monster, huge tusks.
                I shot him with a Thunderhead 125 and a xx75 2514 arrow from an 80lb bow.
                It went completely through him. I'm guessing the shield sealed up because there was zero blood and I never found him. Still sick about it.

The thickest I've personally ever seen was on a giant boar my son killed with a rifle. It was 2.5 inches thick. Tough as a 2.5" thick truck tire.
                Last edited by PondPopper; 12-26-2023, 05:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X