Trapping Season 2023-24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trapping Season 2023-24

Search on this site is non existent so if there is already a thread going have the mods delete this one and bump the other.
    (I found the 2022-23 thread and it was last posted on in Aug)

Otherwise I figured it was time to start a thread for 23-24

Started seeing a few coyotes on the cell cam and seeing some tracks, plus something killed a chicken in the back yard last week (probably a hawk but since you can't catch them I will take it out on the coyotes)
    Put in 3 flat sets and 2 dirt holes today
    Going to try and catch a beaver this year and maybe a bobcat to send to the tanner and add to the collection from the home place

Anybody else trapping?

I will be it’ll only be my second year I felt like I did all right last year I am wanting to try some homemade bait another trapper told me about it’s a chopped up rattlesnake left in a jar in the hot summer sun for a few months I can’t imagine what that will smell like

Comment

Been giving them hell. Started setting my high fence job 3 weeks ago. I think I’m on number 12 right now. I’ll try and get some photos up and also a tutorial on a deer leg set I started using some thats cleaning their clock !

I’ve been dealing a lot with a CAT Mulcher on property that’s destroyed 11 traps so far. Boys killin me !!

Comment

Wish I had the time to not only learn how to trap, but actually do it.

Comment

Just a few recent catches

Comment

Good job sharkhunter

duckhead78 you can get a lot of instruction off of youtube and trapperman.com

Comment

Caught a big male this morning. Land owner was out driving his property and dispatched him so no pictures. I nailed a piece of deer hide to a small log next to a logging road and gave it a shot of coyote urine and that was it. Second yote off the same piece of hide. Had a 4 coiled MB550 on a drag but had pre hooked it so he didn’t go anywhere. 13 off this property in the last 3 weeks.
              Last edited by sharkhunter; 11-29-2023, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Went out earlier planning to reset my 5 traps and luckily the rain did not wash any of them out

Found tracks behind the barn SINCE the rain.
                Put 5 more traps in some vinegar/water mix to clean them up so I can coat them with some paint and have more to use.

Need to buy some more traps I guess

Comment

BT I just picked up 12 MB550 and 18 Sterling MJ 600 off trapper man.

Comment

I been thinking I want to try some of those wire lever No BS K9 Jr's but man are they proud of them.

I have a few extras I forgot about, 1/2 doz or so dbl ls traps my old friend gave me before he died. He came out and spent an afternoon "educating" me on some things when he gave me them. Unfortunately wuhan got him 3 years ago last month

Comment

I purchased a dz of the wire lever jrs a month ago. Still in the box. I need to get them out and tone them a bit. In my opinion it’s the best trap out there currently being made. I have 3 dz of the full size k9 extremes wire levers as well. They are coyote hammers !! They are big though and heavy. You have to dig a big trap bed for them. I have no doubt they would hold a big cat.

Comment

Caught a male coyote and a boar coon today, sets were for coyotes but coon made the mistake of messing with my set and got caught

Attached Files

Comment

Really nice catch !!! Congrats !

Comment

Got my 3rd coon, messed up my coyote set and paid the price

Comment

Finally got some sets out.
                              Caught 1 of the problem beavers in the creek, probably 4 or 5 to go. It weighed 40 lbs.
                              Put out about 20+ sets for coyote and bobcats.
                              Caught the beaver in a Bridger #3, four coiled.
                              Most of our sets are MB 550s , some K-9 extremes, Bridger #3s and some Montana dogless.
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN5084 copy.jpg
Views:	546
Size:	430.8 KB
ID:	26669053 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN5087 copy.jpg
Views:	534
Size:	501.2 KB
ID:	26669054

Comment

Working...
                              X