X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cull this Spike?

Help settle a cull debate.

yes or no?

No,he looks to be a year old and you never know what they'll turn into ! What's the harm in leaving him another year to see what he does?

Comment

For sure at our place. Especially if you have 4's or 6's in the same age class.

Comment

Yes. For the reasons listed above.

Comment

I would wait 4 or 5 years. Never know what they can do if they never get a chance. I’ve seen enough mediocre young bucks finally blow up at older ages that I don’t use the term ‘cull’ anymore.

Comment

I say one more year, looks young, if still a spike next year and he gives an easy meat shot he would go in a cooler if bit he has another year.

Comment

We have a dozen deer hanging on the wall over 160" that where spikes at 1 1/2....and those are just the ones part of research project that got darted and tagged, no telling how many others did the same thing

Comment

No way, he’s a baby!

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhuntingobsession View Post
                  No,he looks to be a year old and you never know what they'll turn into ! What's the harm in leaving him another year to see what he does?
                  Because first year on new place and we’ve got too many bucks as is. If there is such a thing…

Attached Files

Comment

… And we’ve got 14 hunters coming this weekend who hunt one weekend a year. Figure if he goes, one less of the others above bites the bullet.

I’m already convinced obviously lol

Comment

No he is 1.5. Probably born late. Wait till 3.5 to kill any buck that doesn’t have injury.

Comment

No he is 1.5. Probably born late. Wait till 3.5 to kill any buck that doesn’t have injury.

Comment

One less mouth to feed.

Comment

I'd wait another year or two

Comment

Shoot a doe instead, he’s a baby.

Comment

Working...
                              X