Odd sounding "grunt"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odd sounding "grunt"

Had this young 8 come by last weekend, never heard this vocalization before.
    Around 4 and 12 sec mark

His allergies were acting up

Comment

“Clicking is rarely heard, but during rut I have heard some unusual buck sounds also. Strangest was a “roar” when 5 bucks were chasing one doe.

Comment

You hunting next to an airport?

Sounded like a regular raspy grunt. Could have been the more rare clicking. Clicking in mentioned in the bear grease podcasts. Can't remember which episodes.

Comment

I couldn’t hear it very well because of the river running behind you but it sounded like most grunts I’ve heard. I can’t hear very well though.

Comment

That background noise is the highway that is about 500yds south of me

Only good thing about it is it can cover some noise I might make

I will look up "clicking", just thought he had a weird grunt but maybe that is a new vocalization for me

Comment

Here ya go, BT...

On this episode of the Bear Grease Podcast we’re talking whitetailed deer, but this isn’t the typical tips, tactics and biology that we hear so much about. That stuff is useful, and we love it, but the foundation of why that knowledge is even desirable is found in the onion a layer deeper. We want...

Comment

I downloaded that episode after lunch and was going to listen to it in the stand but forgot my ear buds and a few other things

Probably listen to it on the way to work and back home tomorrow

Comment

I wonder if that’s a local adaptation to overcome the road noise? Maybe the clicks are a higher frequency sound that carries better in that area?

Interesting sound nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by 100%TtId View Post
                    I wonder if that’s a local adaptation to overcome the road noise? Maybe the clicks are a higher frequency sound that carries better in that area?

Interesting sound nonetheless.
                    If it is, it is a new thing. The other buck I saw that morning was grunting like any other one I have heard.
                    I don't think he was the dominant buck in this area either (podcast implied that)

Comment

Working...
                    X