What would you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would you do?

Shoot him and get his G2 fixed or let him walk and go after your #2?

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9800.jpg Views:	0 Size:	79.8 KB ID:	26615007 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9802.jpg Views:	0 Size:	41.4 KB ID:	26615008

Forum Buck below

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9799.jpg Views:	0 Size:	88.7 KB ID:	26615009

I'd just hope he shows up in daylight.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
      I'd just hope he shows up in daylight.
      Both have started this week.

Comment

being busted up has never kept me shooting a deer and i dont get them fixed. a whole beam missing might be a different story.

Comment

Shoot him if you like him but mount him like he was when he died. I don't get the "fixing" mounts deal.

Comment

Fixing that point is easy, or not..
            Getting him the bed of the truck will be the part I’d be concentrating on.
            Great buck. Good luck.

Comment

Mature buck. Kill him if you want to but mount him as he is or give him another year.

Comment

I made the mistake of not killing the biggest axis buck I’ve ever seen this spring due to his fronts being broken! I look at his picture weekly and feel like I should punch myself in my own face () for not taking him! If you like him don’t let him pass ! I know that I won’t again!

Comment

Last edited by 7sdad; 10-25-2023, 06:29 AM.

Comment

tough call, I like junk so number 2 is appealing as well, number 1 definitely scores well. Probably the first one to mess up for me

Comment

Originally posted by PassnItOn View Post
                      tough call, I like junk so number 2 is appealing as well, number 1 definitely scores well. Probably the first one to mess up for me
                      Yep, whichever one shows first!

Comment

I would shoot that buck before someone else does!!

Comment

I fixed a buck when I blew part of his 2 off with a buck shot pellet. But for a small old break probably wouldn’t. If hes not larger than what you have give him a pass for another season unless you need the meat.

Comment

I ‘d hunt for oldest deer. Seriously.
                            If they are same age
                            good for you !

never fixing a point but that’s me

BP

Comment

I ended up getting a shot at this one and I'm happy, the other buck has gone awal the past few weeks. Hopefully he hasn't got shot by a neighbors.

Click image for larger version  Name:	4AA.jpg Views:	189 Size:	177.4 KB ID:	26650369 Click image for larger version  Name:	5AA.jpg Views:	186 Size:	166.7 KB ID:	26650370
                              Last edited by 7sdad; 01-03-2024, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X