No bucks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No bucks!

I got on a new lease on August 1 and have only had a few chances to go out there. I haven't even had a shot at hunting it as I spent opening day laid up in bed painting the walls.

The Camera I have out there is sending pics and I'm only getting does to the feeder! Only 1 buck, and he was not a shooter, in late August. It seems to be the same group of 2 does with 3 fawns, or 1 doe with 2 fawns. Every once in a while there will be 6-9 does, but again, all does with fawns.

I've been telling myself it's not a problem. Come rut, I'll have all the bucks chasing my does, which are coming very routinely 3 to 4 times a day. 7 am, 11 am, 2 pm and 5 pm.

Do I have a problem? Can it be solved? Will the rut naturally solve the problem and bring in some bucks chasing the does?

I have the opposite problem. Nothing but bucks. Mostly young, and zero does.

Comment

I bet we could work out a nice trade!

Comment

No bucks on my camera since January

Comment

I have one place and I get mostly does and young bucks on camera up until the beginning of November then the bucks start to show up. Then in late December there are always half a dozen or so new bucks that show up

Comment

Bucks are probably still in bachelor groups at your lease
            I've got a month of pics from my daughters place in Kingsbury. Only one pic of bucks, 5 of them together , otherwise only does.
            Last edited by Walker; 10-16-2023, 09:20 PM.

Comment

They started showing up the past 48 hours!!

Comment

put some doe in heat pee out...

Comment

Have you thought about a different feeder location?
                  I had this same problem for years on my place. I finally setup another feeder about 200 yards away in a location that has better cover and that was the trick!

Comment

That changed for me in Nov when the rut kicked off. We went Thursday and saw 19 die and five bucks. And bucks were busting up doe pods again. It was crazy. Saw several solid 3-3.5 s but no shooters.

Comment

Working...
                    X