No announcement yet.

Freestone County Hunting Thread 2023-2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone seeing anything? We are seeing alot of yearlings and young bucks, anyone seeing any older bucks?

Comment

I saw 2 pretty good older bucks, one of my cousins got a management deer this weekend. 19 inch cow horn spike on one side, short tines on the other side

Comment

We saw lots of does and 1 1/2 year old bucks. Maybe the mature ones are resting up from all the chasing?

Comment

It has been really slow for bucks of any age in navarro all yr.

Comment

Buddy of mine that’s has a couple of properties out there. Needed help keeping up with up keep and reached out to me and a buddy since I have a tractor. And ended up letting us jump on the properties in exchange. One place he’s has feeders on it mostly hogs on 2 feed sites. The 3rd get majority of the deer. Placed a Reveal on it and boy do they hit that feeder hard.

One of the places we just set out cameras to see what’s out there. Had does and bucks on cameras so placed a small t post feeder on it last weekend in one spot and a made a scrape rub and hung a lick branch at another. Seen several different bucks making their rounds already.

Definitely good spots.

Comment

Here a couple pics
              Attached Files

Comment

Nice looking bucks.

Comment

Has anyone seen bucks dropping their horns yet?

Comment

The ones at our places started dropping them about a week or two ago

Comment

Working...
                    X