He might be a shooter what do yall think

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He might be a shooter what do yall think

went back to a place I hunted over ten years ago and set up a few game camera's the weekend before bow season started. I didn't have a lot of scouting time this year. I didn't hunt this past weekend due to it being so hot. But I needed to check a cell cam that only sends me a sync photo at a set time and nothing else. The normal cam was full of photo's, and the cell didn't take any other than the sync photo's what's the purpose of the SD card if it's not going to take photos without cell service to upload.

The normal cam caught a few legal deer. This one is the best of the bunch so far. What do yall think his age and score? Right now i'm thinking 3 - 3 1/2yrs. he's a typical long crab claw 8 with a kicker on his left G2 which looks like an F my best guest is 120's
    Attached Files
    Last edited by surfcowboy; 10-02-2023, 03:57 PM.

3yr old 110ish. I don't know if that's a shooter on your place or not.

Comment

I agree with Shane, but if he suits you go get him.

Comment

Heck yea!

Comment

He gets a hall pass from me.

Comment

If he trips your trigger throw him on your tailgate and show us the LDPs.

Comment

This one i'm after on a small 4ac place just outside the city limits. These bucks are in two different counties. The buck in the first photo's is one of 5-6 different bucks i've caught on camera so far in the first week.Click image for larger version

Name:	front.jpg
Views:	1024
Size:	740.3 KB
ID:	26601281
              Attached Files

Comment

Well you sure as heck can't eat them horns so if'n ya need some meat------------put him in the cooler.

Comment

That 4ac buck is a shooter

Comment

Deer Home wouldn't do anything for me, Deer Forum would especially on only 4 ac.

Comment

Can't shoot a 4.5 year old buck if you kill him at 3.5

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
                        Can't shoot a 4.5 year old buck if you kill him at 3.5
                        Understandable. I hunt mostly for meat. I don't know how long term this lease could be. The owner has thought about selling it a few times over the last 10 years. it's 1500ac with 10 hunters. This will be my first full year on the lease. I got a super late start to the season. So i'm trying to figure out the area and not setup on others and end up being too close to someone else's stand which can be easy with a bow lease. I'm trying to make sure I have stands where i can hunt the wind. While on travel routes/ pinch points and the use the teran. To bump up the rate of seeing a buck moving through the area. So far my north wind stand doesn't look great and not great for a NE wind.

Comment

He is legal, but ideally he is the type to pass on and you could be rewarded with a much larger buck

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                            He is legal, but ideally he is the type to pass on and you could be rewarded with a much larger buck
                            His ticket almost got punched this morning on the 2nd sit of the season. But a limb got in the way it didn't help I was holding at full draw for over a min. I got a Doe yesterday on the first morning of my bow season.

I saw 3 bucks this morning. 2 legal and one 1.5yr 5 point. I was almost done with my season in my first 2 sits on my first weekend.

So far on this cam location i've seen 6 different bucks and 3 of those in person. The first legal chocolate 8 point with yellowish tips walked through at 730am 15yrds or less. The 9 pointer came in around 930ish Am

This morning wind forecast was part right. but then it started jumping around. good thing i practice good scent control. The small buck walked all the away around my tree 2 times before heading off.
                            Last edited by surfcowboy; 10-08-2023, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Dang youre in the deer

Comment

Working...
                              X