No announcement yet.

Management or one more year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How certain are you on the history. Be interesting to see more pics of him later in the year. Just looking at the pics I think he might be older than you think. Maybe he was 7 in 21 and is 9 now???

Comment

Give him a pass. He earned it being a top deer for 2/3 years running.

Comment

Either way, its a win win on youre part.

Comment

Let him go if you want a chance at him being better.

Comment

Originally posted by JBJTX81 View Post
            How certain are you on the history. Be interesting to see more pics of him later in the year. Just looking at the pics I think he might be older than you think. Maybe he was 7 in 21 and is 9 now???
            I’ve had countless encounters with him over the years.. lots of photos and footage of him. Pretty confident in age, but the max you could say was 6 in ‘21… however given the close up encounters I’m pretty confident in his age.

Comment

Another yr

Comment

He’s been put on the DNS list for ‘23
                Attached Files

Comment

He looks older than 7 in those last couple pics.

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
                    He looks older than 7 in those last couple pics.
                    ‘21 can’t get him over 5.5, which is where I had him. ‘22 he had the age but down slightly with drought
                    Attached Files

Comment

If it was a wet year, I'd wack him. If dry give him 1 more year. I can only speak from personal experience (greater than most lesser than many). I don't think he is 7. I think he's 9. And the latest I've personally ever seen a deer put on his best set of antlers was a rainy wet year when he was 9. And that was just 1 specific deer. I'm sure others have different stories but I usually see the best antlers in the 6-8 yr range. I cannot ever remember seeing a 10+ year old buck that had the best antlers he'd ever sported.

Comment

Originally posted by JBJTX81 View Post
                        If it was a wet year, I'd wack him. If dry give him 1 more year. I can only speak from personal experience (greater than most lesser than many). I don't think he is 7. I think he's 9. And the latest I've personally ever seen a deer put on his best set of antlers was a rainy wet year when he was 9. And that was just 1 specific deer. I'm sure others have different stories but I usually see the best antlers in the 6-8 yr range. I cannot ever remember seeing a 10+ year old buck that had the best antlers he'd ever sported.
                        I can assure you this deer isn’t that old

Comment

Working...
                        X