Should I shoot her?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I shoot her?

This doe looks real poor. Should I shoot her?

That is awful.

Comment

No, but you should feed her!!

Comment

I would shoot her

Comment

Our trail camera photos - we see a lot of does with ribs showing (not as bad as your photo) but the bucks look super healthy - I had wondered if it's due to the pregnancies earlier and never recovering because of this terrible drought.

Comment

Originally posted by FamousAmos View Post
            No, but you should feed her!!
            X-2. Then shoot her.

Comment

That's sad, I would feed her and let nature take it's course unless she get worse.

Comment

when everybody says feed her, what do you mean exactly by that?

Comment

Originally posted by Bud's Darlin' View Post
                  Our trail camera photos - we see a lot of does with ribs showing (not as bad as your photo) but the bucks look super healthy - I had wondered if it's due to the pregnancies earlier and never recovering because of this terrible drought.
                  I've seen the same thing at my lease and that's what I thought.

Very sad but it's nature.

Comment

man thats horrible id shoot her

Comment

Originally posted by centex_aggie View Post
                      when everybody says feed her, what do you mean exactly by that?
                      That's what I'm wondering. I went through 4 bags of corn in less than two weeks!

Comment

bucks are keeping the doe run off the corn at our feeders,so we have been throwing alfalfa and range cubes away from feeders,cameras show a few bucks there but more doe

Comment

Originally posted by Z7_Matt View Post
                          That's what I'm wondering. I went through 4 bags of corn in less than two weeks!
                          corn has basically no nutritional value, other than being a high carbohydrate. She is needing something with nutrients - 16 to 20 percent protein with a high fat count

Comment

Mother nature is mean Biznatch! I have seen a few that are like that out at our place. I can only shoot two. And cant waste a tag on a bag of bones. Let nature run its course.

Comment

It certainly looks like a starving doe, would not be unusual with this years drought. I've been going through about 300# of protein a week feeding probably 16 regulars at the feeders. Saw a skinny doe couple of weeks ago, figured she was a newbie as the other deer look pretty good. I don't think corn alone will keep them in very good shape with natural forage in short supply.

Comment

Working...
                              X