Drought Aging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drought Aging

Thought I finally figured out the aging process last year, however, this year has been throwing me for a loop. I'm in Burnet County and most of our deer are much skinnier this year, like most of you are probably going through as well.
    The bigger deer also don't seem to be hitting my feeders like most of he other pictures people post on here. I've set cameras on trails as well with not much walking them but cows. This is the biggest deer I've seen this year and last year if I would have seen him I wood have guessed him to be a healthy two year old (2.5 as most would call it .

Bad pics I know, but what age do you see him at and are the bigger deer hitting your corn feeders now with food sources down or just hitting protein?
    Attached Files

ours are hitting both, but mainly slamming the protein. Alot more protein action this year of course for us

Comment

I would say 4. And yes it's hard to age some of the bucks this year.

Comment

I'm having the same trouble aging them especially 4.5 and up

Comment

Any more age opinions on this deer?

Comment

Clearer pic, on far right.
            Attached Files

Comment

Our deer are hitting both right now. We haven't been able to get the food plot up because we haven't had any rain at all. If we can finally get some rain so we can plant, thing will be better. The deer are in decent shape now, but it won't be long before we are out of water and food for them

Comment

Any more guesses guys?

Comment

Hard to tell but i would guess 4

Comment

I would say 3.5

Comment

Working...
                    X