Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If he'll only do this on Saturday.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

qzilla are you hunting out of the Gorilla hang on and the Rapid Rails that you bought from me on here? ........ PM sent

Comment

Awsome Buck good luck and keep us posted

Comment

He will be nice next year

Comment

awesome buck for sure!

Comment

I agree with Dale and that's the way they are supposed to look.
            The more inches with the least amount of points possible is what makes them look so good! Also what makes you second guess yourself in trying to size them up.

Are you just hunting hand corn?
            Yes hand corn only.

Tell us about that spot? The tree looks good but why there and why no feeder? No hog problem? Any foodplot?
            Ok, so this is pretty much how I set up the majority of my sets when I am on a particular buck. Over the years we know he uses this one path every day. Not too far from here is a protein station that he uses multiple times daily. I have watched him and other bucks uses this funnel area time after time.

I don't shoot over protein stations unless I have to when I am culling. If there are other big deer there I won't disturb it at all.

So we find the best possible scenario to set up on them that is natural and we entice their exact location with some hand corn. We only use enough for the deer to eat both in the morning and again in the afternoon. I typically corn an area 7-10 days tops in this method.

To keep the hogs out we feed later in the morning and earlier in the afternoon. When we pour the corn out the same guy does it and we use a road feeder to make noise for just a couple of seconds.

When gameday comes we go in earlier and have him do this same routine.

I try not to use popups this time of year because the grass is so high. I can mow it but, I would rather make the shot with his head down and stuffed in grass if I can to give me a little more advantage when drawing.

Also our deer very rarely look up.

So in summary this set is between water and a feed station where the deer travels daily. It is going to have a cross wind and in the morning the sun is at my back mostly but, I have a lot of background. The evening I have more sun but, its tucked in enough to not affect me.

I will hunt it once or twice and then give it a break. Once I kill him, the stand will be moved for the next hunt or deer in that area if possible.

Hopefully I just have to keep my composure and make a clean shot and life is good!

Comment

qzilla are you hunting out of the Gorilla hang on and the Rapid Rails that you bought from me on here?
              No sir, that is not hung yet. It wouldn't go in that tree anyhow.

That stand is a woodsy too I believe with a who knows what ladder!

Comment

wow one heck of a nice buck. Good luck to you.

Comment

stud of a ten!

Comment

STUD!!! Hope he shows up to the party for you! Looking forward to some ldp's and a score

Comment

What a trophy!

Comment

I HATE YOU!!! Nice buck though...

Comment

very nice buck

Comment

icheewawa!!!!!!!

Comment

You going to enter him in a buck contest? Nice buck!

Comment

Let the air out of him Saturday!

Comment

Working...
                                X