No announcement yet.

Trailcam pics - Lampasas county cedar donkies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys. I appreciate it. Not sure why I'm not seeing more older bucks?? However, Im very pleased.

Comment

nice, lots of young'uns

Comment

good looking pics bud, the best of luck to you.

Comment

Healhty lookin bunch.....

Comment

Looking good

Comment

Nice young bucks! Hopefully a few of those will stick around for 4 more years...

Comment

Originally posted by Birddog66 View Post
                Thanks guys. I appreciate it. Not sure why I'm not seeing more older bucks?? However, Im very pleased.
                We aren't seeing many older bucks yet either, but your young ones are looking great, our bucks are still in batchelor groups, but now that the velvet is coming off, things are fixin to change, maybe then we will start seeing some big boys.

Comment

Not sure how long you have been hunting this place but we had to not shoot anything but culls for 3 years out at our place in Lampasas to begin to consistently see older deer. It took us time to try and repair what the old lease group had done for so long. It can be difficult getting excited each season and then remembering that we are only shooting does and culls but it has been worth it to see the place now.

Comment

Originally posted by roysmoke View Post
                    Not sure how long you have been hunting this place but we had to not shoot anything but culls for 3 years out at our place in Lampasas to begin to consistently see older deer. It took us time to try and repair what the old lease group had done for so long. It can be difficult getting excited each season and then remembering that we are only shooting does and culls but it has been worth it to see the place now.
                    Thats some great advice. Its my first year on this lease. A couple guys have been there 10 years, 1-5years, 1-2 years, and me. From what I have been told, and I have every reason to believe them, we are all from the same home town, I work with one guy, went to high school with another, etc. - They have been laying off these younger bucks for a few years. I have been told that about once every season or two somebody will shoot something they should not have, too young. I guess by accident or anxiety or whatever, but its pretty much frowned upon. Thay have taken some decent deer over the years. We have some pics of some mature bucks from other parts of the pasture. Im hunting a new area, and have just not been seeing any yet. We have a pretty cool current situation. 1600 acres, cabin, barn, our closest hunting neighbors doesnt do any off-season work(feed, upgrade stand location, scout, etc), and likes to drink scotch more than hunt.

Comment

Thats some great advice. Its my first year on this lease. A couple guys have been there 10 years, 1-5years, 1-2 years, and me. From what I have been told, and I have every reason to believe them, we are all from the same home town, I work with one guy, went to high school with another, etc. - They have been laying off these younger bucks for a few years. I have been told that about once every season or two somebody will shoot something they should not have, too young. I guess by accident or anxiety or whatever, but its pretty much frowned upon. Thay have taken some decent deer over the years. We have some pics of some mature bucks from other parts of the pasture. Im hunting a new area, and have just not been seeing any yet. We have a pretty cool current situation. 1600 acres, cabin, barn, our closest hunting neighbors doesnt do any off-season work(feed, upgrade stand location, scout, etc), and likes to drink scotch more than hunt.
                      Sounds like a great place and opportunity. Trail cam pics have saved out butt on buck fever since the. Deer has already been identifies. Hope u have a great season!

Comment

nice young deer

Comment

Working...
                        X