Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great Bucks,congrats

Comment

Did you take any photo's while flying over?

Comment

A couple... but the game cams are far superior at identification and "feel"

Comment

Originally posted by Encinal View Post
          Here I'm harder on young deer... But a buck is more likely to get whacked for a medina county looking shape or hair color than he is for being a spike.

I have learned lots of things... Mainly that full time management of two deer herds is more than a full time job.

We've messed with protein percentages and are doing new ratios... I've learned I can pick encinal deer out of a lineup...

What the "want" was to have a herd that had different characteristics than the one down south. It looks like we have that, but we still have a lot of trimming to do... And we still need an influx of S Texas stuff every now and then to stop the really crappy stuff we started with from pulling down the average.
          The spike question was a joke, I am sure you new that. Although I never seen a Medina County deer or a deer from Encinal in person I understand what you mean when you say you don't care for the looks of a deer. To me managing deer is more about having deer with characteristics that you like rather than the best scoring deer. I believe if you are happy with the way your bucks' rack looks then the score will eventually come with age.

Good luck with this herd in the future!

Comment

Nice job and pics. keep em coming. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

wow thats an amazing herd!!

Comment

keep the pics coming! those are some great looking deer! we are in the process of doing the same thing. hope we can have results similar to what you have been able to produce.

Comment

wow, those are some nice looking deer

Comment

Nice! good looking deer.

Comment

Working...
                    X