What feeders to buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What feeders to buy?

With the family expanding, kid getting into sports, etc. I have a lot less time to make it out to our place to keep the feeders going so I want to get some larger feeders. Probably in the 500lb. plus range. So that is the first requirement. Then I would like the "most" coon proof one possible.

I've looked at the:

All Season Evolution Feeders (Was told to add a cage with these as they can still mess up the spinner.)

Diamond Varmint X (They look pretty pricey compared to others but if they shut down the coons that could pay off in time.)

I've just read about the Elimanator Spinner. Seems similar to the Spin Cast or All Season version but maybe built to with stand coon abuse better. Looks like I would need to add a feeder to these units unless someone sells them.

Any opinions are definitely welcome. Also, where to buy your recommendation and price would be very helpful to. Thanks

Ultramatic
    Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
    l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
    ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

Another option to consider...I had a guy leave a feeder behind on our lease and I put it next to mine. I have one go off morning and one go off evening so I technically have 600lbs of corn?

Comment

Ccc

Comment

I bought one with a no blow spinner and it keeps coons/varmints from turning it and the wind blowing it out!!! I went with a custom made hanging feeder from someone on here.

Comment

check mumme's in san antonio,good prices.

Comment

Can't go wrong on a 600lb All Season with The Timer, solar panel and varmint guard.. Check Mumme's in San Antonio

Comment

2 I love my 600lb All Season.

Comment

+1 on the 600 lb all season !!

Comment

HCR has a 500# and 700#. I got two 500# feeders with HCR units for under $350 each through Curtis at Texas Hunting Direct out of Houston. Check out the HCR website for info. They have four legs and a brace that coneects them on the ground. Super sturdy.

Comment

Call Karl at Ultramatic!

Comment

Thanks for the tips.

Comment

Get a 1200 pound BossBuck from Ultramatic. Fill once or twice a season depending on how much you feed.

Comment

man, we have had hcr's running for years with zero issues. solar panel is legit! im sure ultramatic's are great, but hcr's are way up there if not the best imo

Comment

I bought some 85gal drums and got on the internet to Sweeney feeders and ordered their protein tubes because they alone hold about 40-50# of feed in em, added conduit for legs cost about $150 total and hold about 500-540# of corn.
                              On my spinner timers I bought the Spintech attachment ($29.95) and have eliminated all my coon problems.
                              Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                              X