Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Record Rack poster boy here

Comment

I just started and I'm feeding Purina Antler Max 24% and it is 10.15 for a 50lb bag. Not sure how the deer are taking it yet, to early to tell.

Comment

Producers Co-op has soy beans for $11.50 for 50#

Comment

Originally posted by Bear82 View Post
          What is the best type of mineral to use? I tried soem loose mineral in a tub but they dont seem to like it.

Soybeans cost around $20 in Hamilton and 20% protein for 9.25 a bag. I wish the prices would go down so I could feed more soybeans.
          This is why I use ADM Alliance Rack Plus - GREAT Mineral Package in the feed

Comment

FCTrapper,

Is the pellet in the RHR the same as what is in the Venado? What are the benefit of the RHR (other than the added peanuts, I believe)?

Comment

we feed lyssy and eckels. 20% unless a drought then 16% as the 20 is too hot. for those of you having trouble with your deer taking it, mix it half protein, half corn at first, then ween the corn out. we started ours out on straight protein and they barely touched it. then mixed it until they grew to love the protein. now 7 years later its 100% protein all the time. and we feed tons of it each month. so i guess they like the brand. not sure how it measures up to the rest, and dont think you could really judge it as each deer is different so u cant get an accurate test sample.

Comment

I feed red chain and the deer have been tearing it up!!! Its cheap too. Only $285/ton for 20%!!!

Comment

check with the local feed store in the area you hunt.

Comment

We use surefed from the mill in brady. 20% protien. No problems with deer adjusting to it. They will eat more than you can afford to put out! I go thru about 900 lbs. Every 20 days or so for most of the year.

Comment

Lyssey and eckels ,wheeler 20/12

Comment

Lyssey and eckels, started last year...took them about a month to get use to it and then you couldn't keep the feeder full.

Comment

anyone use antlermax? thats what the local feed store sells. is it cheaper to go with pellets or mix soybeans/corn yourself? im about to get a feeder, not sure what i should go with

Comment

record rack all the way

Comment

Working...
                            X