kid’s competition shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kid’s competition shooting

My oldest daughters shot Nasp in school. The oldest won state in elementary girls division a few years ago and my second came in 2nd in state for elementary girls. They’ve asked to shoot more competition. They’ve seen Page pearce on youtube. I know nothing about competitive shooting. How would won go about getting them started? We live in the Prosper/ Celina area.

carlos you know where to get hold of me!

Comment

Contact the local 4H club.

I shot competitively growing up through my local club. We could compete in 4H shoots, USA, IBO, ASA, NFAA. Of course this would also depend on how involved the leaders are. If the leaders are not that involved, there is nothing stopping you from registering with those orgs and signing up for shoots.

Comment

4H holds competition shoots at Paris at the Maxey Riflemen Gun Club. I am sure there are other places that do this. Call county extension agent in your county and see what info they have? Texas Rifle Association may have info also.

Comment

See if there's a YHEC team in your area. Youth Hunter Education Challenge. It's an nra affiliate and has 7 skills. State competition and national competition. All 3 of my kids were in it and they/we loved it.

Comment

The state 4H tournament is coming up (in San Antonio) and I think registration is still open. As long as she's enrolled she can register.

Comment

Just curious. Did you get her signed up for state games? Are you guys here?

Comment

Working...
              X