Recurve Arrow Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recurve Arrow Build

Does anyone have suggestions for recurve arrow build. My wife is just getting into archery and got a 25# recurve. I had re-fletched some of my old 350 spine arrows for her to use which were fine for the time. Unfortunately, this past weekend we lost a few at a 3D shoot. she misjudged the distance on a few targets and sent em over the top.

So i am looking for some shafts that i can get cut to length then install the components just wondering if anyone has any suggestions.

Of course this is just another reason for me to dive deeper into arrow building and buy a squaring jig with possibly an arrow saw in the near future.

Check out 3 rivers archery website for a guide, or call them and they will guide you.
    Hope this helps.

Comment

For a 25# Recurve I'd suggest looking into Victory VAP JR 1000s. They come fletched with feathers and a glued in point.

Otherwise finding shafts, it gets a little dicey finding anything below .500 spine in a bare shaft. Even then, .500s are going to be too stiff, but they'll fly "okay" with enough fletching on the back.

When we had kids shooting, we've used Genesis arrows, but they're incredibly heavy for what they are and aluminum arrows bend really easily.

Comment

If you ask this question in the Traditional forum, you'll get good answers. Lots of knowledgeable recurve and longbow shooters there.

For shafts, 3Rivers and Lancaster will typically have a larger selection than the average local pro shop. (Our pro shop orders straight from Lancaster most of the time) Easton Vectors are a new shaft from 600-2000 spine and run less than $4 a shaft. There are a lot of options in a wide range of budgets. You'll need to figure out what your wife's actual draw is, and what she is pulling on the fingers, if you don't already know.

What shoot did you go to last weekend?

Comment

Working...
        X