Side arm when bow hunting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cehorn View Post
    I know the first you are looking at a combo concealed carry and woods gun. They are really separate. Treating them separate, my first recommendation for a bowhunting sidearm is a judge. Combo of 410 for snakes and 45 for pigs, illegals, anything else. If you don't want that, I typically carry my xdm with rat shot and self defense in the mag. I'm more concerned with snakes than other threats when hunting. However, if you truly want a concealed, I'll second the Hellcat mentioned above. 13 rounds and you can still mix and match rat shot for snakes or all self defense when carrying.
    Judge would make a lot of sense. Love mine stacked with Bird shot for snakes and personal defense slug/buckshot combo for anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
      Hard to beat a snub nose .357 revolver. Compact, packs a punch and wont jam.
      They can jam. I had one jam on me before.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
        I know nothing about Glocks, sorry. I own XDs, I like the grip safety and loaded chamber indicator myself. But lots of folks shoot ‘em.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Huge fan of the XDs. When I shoot, its my favorite. I have shot S&W's and Glocks. XDs are still my favorite, and what I shoot best with. I don't carry currently. But if/when I do, it will be an XD.

Comment

If and when I need it, my XDm 10mm is what will be between me, a grizzer and meeting Jesus in paradise.

To OP- whatever you do get real instruction on shooting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sig 380 with hollow points. Super small and can store anywhere.

Originally posted by Masmak View Post
            Thinking about buying myself my first pistol. Kinda late in life, but only shot very few pistols. What do y’all carry when bow hunting, any type of hunting, or traveling alone? Just seems there are so many options….where to start

Comment

I carry a Glock 17, Sig P365 or Ruger Wrangler 22

Comment

When hunting I have a 40SW on my hip in a slide holster. 14 rounds of all copper hollow points in case me and a pig get too comfy in the brush after dark. For EDC I carry a SW M&P Shield Plus in 9mm an IWB, with a spare mag in another pocket. I'm a big fan of the 9mm including its +P varieties. With modern bullet designs its a quite capable round, and what I like.... easiest one to find on the shelves.

Comment

Working...
                X