Sighting in a 4 pin sight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sighting in a 4 pin sight

I am new to bowhunting and recently bought a used Matthews that has a 4 pin sight. I know the top pin should be sighted in for 20 yards. I was curious what the other pins should be sighted in for.

Should I sight it in at 20-30-40-50 or 20-40-50-60? Something else?

Thank you!

I have mine setup for 20/30/40/50 for whitetail. Works for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

At today's equipment and speeds...

I'm at 30, 40, 50, & a 60 or 70 (just for fun and dares on our range)

Back when I shot a York in '94 with aluminum and 100gr pt., went basic 20, 30, 40, 50

Comment

Originally posted by Happygilmore View Post
        I am new to bowhunting and recently bought a used Matthews that has a 4 pin sight. I know the top pin should be sighted in for 20 yards. I was curious what the other pins should be sighted in for.

Should I sight it in at 20-30-40-50 or 20-40-50-60? Something else?

Thank you!
        You’re going to need to test Your bow for that! I would start at 10 and then see how it does at 20 in comparison. What is your Max distance you are planning on Killing ?

Comment

20, 30 and 40 is all you need and depending on bow speed, youthful eyes and tons of practice you may only need 20 and 30.

Comment

If shooting white tail you could be good to go 20-50 in 10 yd increments.m knowing you probably will shoot 30 and in most of the time and the others for practice. If you plan on going out west for elk you can take some pokes at them at 60/70 yds sometimes. I’d go 30-40-50-70 in that case.

Comment

Working...
            X