Hoyt Ventum 30 or Bowtech Solution SS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hoyt Ventum 30 or Bowtech Solution SS?

Looking to upgrade from my current setup to a lightly used flagship model from the last few years.

These are the two at the top of my list. Yes, I know, go to the nearest bow shop and shoot both. I don't have a bow shop near me, let alone one that carries what I'm looking for, so I'm going to just take a chance on one.

Anyone have experience with either? I currently shoot a Hoyt Powermax. Only other bow I've shot is a Bowtech, and I loved the draw cycle and balance of it.

Or....something else I should be considering that's better?....I usually hunt from a saddle or on the ground, so I'm not needing pinpoint accuracy at 70yds. Looking for a nice draw, maneuverability and durability.

Budget is around $950, but I'm need to upgrade my rest and quiver with that budget as well.

I'm sure most will be great, just want to hear some opinions.

Thanks!

I have a Solution SS and really like it. I've had some shoulder issues so that played into my decision as I wanted something as smooth as possible. I don't have a ton of experience shooting all of the different brands of bows but it is definitely smooth. Compared to the Hoyt it is half a pound lighter which was a big draw for me too. Also, I'm always tinkering and changing up my arrows, broadhead etc so the Bowtech deadlock tuning system is great. Even though the Solution SS is only 4.0 pounds and lighter than the Elite Option 7 I was shooting before, the Solution actually feels like it is a lot more robust/durable than the Elite was.

Comment

Thank you for the info! I went ahead and pulled the trigger on a very lightly used one. It just checked all my boxes

Comment

Originally posted by TheSchwartz View Post
        Looking to upgrade from my current setup to a lightly used flagship model from the last few years.

These are the two at the top of my list. Yes, I know, go to the nearest bow shop and shoot both. I don't have a bow shop near me, let alone one that carries what I'm looking for, so I'm going to just take a chance on one.

Anyone have experience with either? I currently shoot a Hoyt Powermax. Only other bow I've shot is a Bowtech, and I loved the draw cycle and balance of it.

Or....something else I should be considering that's better?....I usually hunt from a saddle or on the ground, so I'm not needing pinpoint accuracy at 70yds. Looking for a nice draw, maneuverability and durability.

Budget is around $950, but I'm need to upgrade my rest and quiver with that budget as well.

I'm sure most will be great, just want to hear some opinions.

Thanks!
        I shot a few at Hoyt's tent at the TAC event I went to last year and really liked the ventum. Could have just been the sales guy, but depending on your draw length they might push you to a different model that is more tuned for that length

Comment

Working...
        X