Arrow Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrow Help

Long story short, I’m down to 2 usable arrows with a week before season starts. Haven’t changed arrows in years. Been shooting Beman ICS Hunter 400 for years. Didn’t even know they quit making them. What arrows are close to those or what do you recommend?

Setup is Mathews Z7E
    28.5” draw at 65lbs shooting 27.5” arrows with mechanicals

I’m right on the line of 400/340 spine according to most charts.

Thanks -JM

Just out of curiosity have you checked eBay for those ics?

Comment

go to your local bow shop and get fitted for a dozen.

Comment

Originally posted by kyleseipp View Post
        Just out of curiosity have you checked eBay for those ics?
        Good idea

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post
          go to your local bow shop and get fitted for a dozen.
          That will be the next plan. My work schedule as a JH principal makes it tough to get to a bow shop after work. I don’t have one “local” that I’m aware of, so I’ll have to go on a Sat.

Comment

Originally posted by coachmas View Post
            That will be the next plan. My work schedule as a JH principal makes it tough to get to a bow shop after work. I don’t have one “local” that I’m aware of, so I’ll have to go on a Sat.
            Looks to me there are several somewhat near you. They generally stay open pretty late. I'd call them and get them to set you up with any arrow near the diameter you currently shoot but go down to 340 spine. Won't take a terrible amount of time to retune and sight back in.

Comment

Have I got just the thing for you

Comment

Arrow Help

The Beman ICS hunter is rebranded is all. It’s the 6.5mm Easton. After Easton bought out beman they kept the brand for a while and then did away with Beman completely.

Easton is using a newer insert type now that’s heavier, which is slightly different than their old RPS insert. It weighs 23 grains and it’s orange with a larger shoulder.

It’s the same grains per inch as the old bemans. Top pic is the old Beman chart. Hard to read from my phone but here’s the link. https://media.midwayusa.com/pdf/refe...tion_chart.pdf

Last edited by Kirby86; 09-27-2022, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X