X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kudu points

who uses em?

pros cons..... playing with getting a set

Most accurate 2 blade I've shot. I'm not huge on them being stamped versus a solid blade, but I've had zero durability issues out of them.

The contours are tough to sharpen. Shot a few deer with them and will have some in my quiver this fall.

Comment

Originally posted by Easttxbowman View Post
      Most accurate 2 blade I've shot. I'm not huge on them being stamped versus a solid blade, but I've had zero durability issues out of them.

The contours are tough to sharpen. Shot a few deer with them and will have some in my quiver this fall.
      why tough to sharpen? just a weird angle or bc of the radius they put in em?

Comment

I echo the tough to sharpen (it was the shape of the head for me). I used the 150gr single bevels and they were a bear. But they flew great and will definitely kill something.
        Last edited by mzurovec; 09-22-2022, 07:49 AM.

Comment

fly great. I’d get the version with the bleeders. I killed a pig and a squirrel with one and even hit my feed pen with it after it passed through the pig and it’s still in my quiver after I got it sharp again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Good heads for sure. Also their customer service is great and they stand behind their product. They made a life long customer out of me.

Comment

Originally posted by mzurovec View Post
              I echo the tough to sharpen (it was the shape of the head for me). I used the 150gr single bevels and they were a bear. But they flew great and will definitely kill something.

For the two blade the stay sharp c guide makes it simple. I use it for the Simmons Makos and Tigersharks.

Comment

Agreed with the above sentiment. Very tough and durable, fly great, but too difficult for me to sharpen. Even out of the box, they weren't as razor sharp as I prefer. Always had pass-throughs but with poor blood trails.

Comment

I am a believer in Kudu heads. I’ve had great success shooting them exclusively for the last 4 years. Most of the blood trails have been minimal, but I’ve seen everything I’ve shot with them die within sight

Shot this bucks last season in the shoulder with one. Complete pass through and broke both shoulders. The deer wheelbarrowed about 40 yards and died in seconds.

I killed this antelope in NM with one also. this was a LONG shot and he turned while the arrow was in flight. You can see the results for yourself.

This elk was shot at 47 yards at a steep downhill angle. The entrance is high behind the shoulder and the exit was lower opposite side. The arrow exited his armpit and broke his offside femur in half and continued to pass through. Devastating broadhead and arrow performance.

This bull was shot at 50 yards and was quartering to me. I tucked it behind the shoulder and broke a rib on the entrance, passed completely through lungs, diaphragm, guts, and stuck6” in the ground behind the bull.

Comment

Shot this a couple weeks ago….100 grain Kudu point.

I won’t use them for deer size game but for Elk, Moose or Big Bears I’ll have them in my quiver

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X