Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trouble With Broadhead Tuning - Underspined????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

***UPDATE***

Switched to 2" blazers with offset and the broadhead flight has greatly improved. now just shooting about an inch high.

Thanks for the input everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by TXPublic54 View Post
      ***UPDATE***

Switched to 2" blazers with offset and the broadhead flight has greatly improved. now just shooting about an inch high.

Thanks for the input everyone!
      Were you shooting straight fletch before???

Comment

Originally posted by TexasCanesFan View Post
        Were you shooting straight fletch before???
        Yes, I was.

Comment

I gotta second schmacka...I have a vented BH that hits almost exactly dead on with my field points but are very noisy. I also have non-vented BH that will hit 3" high. I always just re sight in with my BH before season, and know that I am shooting good if my FP are hitting 3" high with the non-vented BH.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
            I gotta second schmacka...I have a vented BH that hits almost exactly dead on with my field points but are very noisy. I also have non-vented BH that will hit 3" high. I always just re sight in with my BH before season, and know that I am shooting good if my FP are hitting 3" high with the non-vented BH.
            Do they continue to get higher vs field point at longer distance

Comment

Originally posted by enewman View Post
              Do they continue to get higher vs field point at longer distance
              Yeah they do. I only took the non-vented out to 60. At 60, they were ~3" high. at 20, they were maybe a half inch high.

One other thing I notice with the non-vented. If I jack up my form, the effect on the arrow is massive. Usually my field points remain relatively accurate, but with the non-vented, I really noticed flaws in my form.

I am no expert though. Just my experience. I also don't paper tune, nock tune, or anything like that. I do get my timing checked once a year, but that is about it. I get new strings once a year on average.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                Yeah they do. I only took the non-vented out to 60. At 60, they were ~3" high. at 20, they were maybe a half inch high.

One other thing I notice with the non-vented. If I jack up my form, the effect on the arrow is massive. Usually my field points remain relatively accurate, but with the non-vented, I really noticed flaws in my form.

I am no expert though. Just my experience. I also don't paper tune, nock tune, or anything like that. I do get my timing checked once a year, but that is about it. I get new strings once a year on average.
                You need to learn about tuning. One of the most important parts of tuning is nock tuning. The next one is, FOC if you are shooting fixed broadheads. You need to be around 15%. If not you will just have to find what broadhead doesn't have a lot of lift. MUch easier to just increase FOC.

Bad arrow flight will cause penetration problems. If you have enough KE you may never see the problem.

There is so much more to archery. My suggestion would be to start researching.

happy hunting.

Comment

Working...
                X