Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Carpenter shorts are great range shorts - built in quiver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carpenter shorts are great range shorts - built in quiver

Great idea for texas shooters:
    Anyone ever try carpenter shorts at the range for a simple quiver for target arrows? The deep "tool pocket" on the side of the legs works pretty well.
    I would not want to walk through dense brush this way, but for target points/range walking it seems to work pretty well. I carry my arrows by hand from target to shooting location, then stuff them in the pocket to draw as needed.

Things I may improve.. if I get interested enough in this: Add a simple loop off my belt to support near my hip, would take all of 5 min with some paracord or old leather belt. Make a small leather pocket to reinforce / protect the fabric- 20 min while watching TV.

If there are arrow holders near your shooting position.. much better . If not, might be worth considering, and they are decent shorts anyway. There are cheaper versions than below that use regular cotton, I splurged as these were a gift to me from wife.

https://www.dickies.com/carpenter/11-tough- max-duck-carpenter-shorts/DX802.html? dwvar_DX802_color=SMS

This is a copy of a post I did on another forum, trying to get my posts up here so I can IM folks... but not "trolling" , rather hoping to add interesting value I have found in past.

I like your idea. I’m notorious for shooting in shorts if the temps are over 55, and this being Texas, well, I wear shorts almost year round, lol. I hate wearing a belt quiver, but sometimes I don’t have a choice. Cargo shorts with an arrow support might just work!

Comment

Used again this weekend. We had a young fellow (10 yrs old) in a competition myself and a bunch of other novices with recurves to hit the balloons at 10yds.

Each shooter went to line, shot, if successful "wins" opportunity to sit out.. and another shooter steps up. I tried NOT to hit the balloon, but get JUST under it. Failed on my third attempt, but man did the kids have fun "so close!"

I put my arrows in the tool pocket and forgot about them as I cycled up and back. Priceless! Seriously simple, and you ALWAYS have a quiver ready, dont have to run back to pack, etc. I suppose I could just get in the habit of putting in a pocket quiver, but this is so easy. I am going to pick up a set of pants for the winter!

Comment

I wear bib overalls most days. I’ve carried my arrows in that leg pocket for years. Very handy.

Comment

Working...
        X