Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

125's with a 50gr brass insert

Comment

Use to shoot 125's but switched to 100's a few years back. The 100's flew better with my arrow/bh set up.

Comment

To me, the correct answer “depends”

A lot of variables such as draw weight / length, arrow weight, arrow spine and arrow speed.

Best advice I can give is go pick up some 125 field points and shoot them. Don’t worry about where they hit but focus on the group size.

Comment

I just switched from my vintage 100g Thunderheads(bought in 1994) to 100g Tooth of The Arrow heads. Gonna give them a try this weekend.

Comment

100 grain but got 75 grains up front so 175 grains

I might be going up to 125’s after deer season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

100's

Comment

Currently shoot 125 gr but thinking of going to back to 100 for the better selection of BH's

Comment

Originally posted by CP25OD1 View Post
                  Currently shoot 125 gr but thinking of going to back to 100 for the better selection of BH's
                  If you like the weight up front and have the Gold Tip inserts you can add 20 or 30 grains to the back of the insert.

As Always My Heart is filled with Love for You and Your Families. Not because I am commanded to Love my Neighbor, but because I can, am able to and it brings me Joy.

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                    If you like the weight up front and have the Gold Tip inserts you can add 20 or 30 grains to the back of the insert.

As Always My Heart is filled with Love for You and Your Families. Not because I am commanded to Love my Neighbor, but because I can, am able to and it brings me Joy.
                    Black eagle bone crusher inserts are the same. I have 100 grains of insert weights and use a 125 grain Magnus broadheads. 592 grains total arrow weight is probably overkill, but oh well.

Comment

I shoot a 100gr. head, but like all the others have mentioned, it’s mainly decided by overall arrow weight. I try and keep my setups around 500gr., just to keep things consistent.

Comment

Working...
                      X