A couple of questions for ya'll..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A couple of questions for ya'll..

I bought a new vertix today. Which bow case are yall using? The bow doesn't fit in the plano hard case that I have..

Second do yall have any good ideas on how to add a 15 grains to a practice nock. I'm trying to match the lighted knocks that I hunt with .. it may not even make a difference but I practice out to 80 yards ..

You have a scale that weighs in grains? Squirt some superglue or some sort of similar substance in the nock to add the weight

Comment

Originally posted by BBReezen View Post
      You have a scale that weighs in grains? Squirt some superglue or some sort of similar substance in the nock to add the weight
      It weighs grams .. then I do the conversion. It takes quite a bit to make up the difference I think I may try to hot glue some 177 cal pellets in the nock.

Comment

I’d just shoot the lighted ones you have and buy new ones to hunt with. They will fit different than regular nocks

Comment

Nock fit will be different.... will make far more difference than weight

But for weight. Fill factory nocks with bondo or jb weld

Comment

Thanks for the replies.. I shot both arrows out to 50 yards yesterday and it wasn't enough difference to worry about.. maybe an inch and a half at 50 . But that could have been my shooting too..

Comment

This may be painfully simple, but why not just practice with the lighted nocks you will be using for hunting?

Buy two packages, one for practice, one for hunting.

On edit: I see KD350 made the same suggestion; great minds and all...

Comment

Plano's Parallel Limb Bow case, got it on sale, saves my rig a lot of dust and debris on the back of the ATV. As for lit nocks you can ...

1. practice with one and hunt with others as said above
                2. buy/make weighted nocks, for example nocturnal used to sell these but may have stopped, their nock with a metal tab instead of battery in it that weighed the same
                3. If you're shooting 20-30 yards don't worry about it.

Comment

Working...
                X