heavy arrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

heavy arrow

just playing around. 1346gr. and that's a 600gr bishop broadhead.
    Attached Files

That’s awesome, should get more than 2” of penetration on a small pig lol

Comment

Well, shoot it out of something and report back

Comment

Wow. Whats the FOC % at on that setup?

Comment

Lol, I thought I was getting carried away with my 592 grain build.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Gclyde28 View Post
            Wow. Whats the FOC % at on that setup?
            that is a heavy shaft. so foc was only 32.8%. in going to build another arrow with the new gizzlyTDT. should come in around 1000gr and im hoping to bump up foc. this is going to be a test arrow. im looking at shooting a bareshaft with a bareshaft.

Comment

I think it is hard. I did not shoot from similar. You will not have problems with ballistics when flying?

Comment

Pretty cool. I'm planning to build a heavier arrow pretty soon. I'm going to shoot for ~700grs through.

I'm planning to use some VAP 250 spine arrows, Ethics archery insert/outsert and then figure out which head to use. I like the bishops but they are soo darn expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by Jesg1224 View Post
                  Pretty cool. I'm planning to build a heavier arrow pretty soon. I'm going to shoot for ~700grs through.

I'm planning to use some VAP 250 spine arrows, Ethics archery insert/outsert and then figure out which head to use. I like the bishops but they are soo darn expensive.
                  yes, bishop heads are expensive. I've been playing around with the redline series from grizzlystiks. so far so good. I'm hoping they build some a little more weight. 125 is just light.

Comment

That's a spear not an arrow! Still haven't built my "Super Heavy", just got done with my 500 grainers... but they move out at almost 290 so they're just missiles with bad intentions. I want to do a similar build though around a 200gr Blood Eagle.

Comment

i'm a bit torn between trying the Grizzlystick Masai single bevels or the Bishop scientific method. I bishops seem to be heavier duty material and one piece. The Grizs are less expensive (not cheap) but I'm a little concerned about the ferrule and how well it will hold up to some abuse through bone. According to Grizs there isn't a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Jesg1224 View Post
                        i'm a bit torn between trying the Grizzlystick Masai single bevels or the Bishop scientific method. I bishops seem to be heavier duty material and one piece. The Grizs are less expensive (not cheap) but I'm a little concerned about the ferrule and how well it will hold up to some abuse through bone. According to Grizs there isn't a problem.
                        Have you looked at Ozzcut?

Comment

No, I'll have to check that out. I've never heard of Ozzcut

Comment

Elephant arrow?

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                              Elephant arrow?

Gary
                              I was just playing around. I needed some heavy arrows for testing speed on my expedite. But I bet it would work great for an elephant

Eric

Comment

Working...
                              X