Impulse 34 centershot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Impulse 34 centershot

I have an elite impulse 34 and it's all within specs except my centershot. It at 10/16 instead of 13/16. My setup is 29.5" draw at 70#s. Also a lefty if it makes a difference. I'm shooting easton axis 300s. It shoots bullet wholes through paper. It really bothers me that it's not to specs on centershot and also that I cannot shoot a broadhead bigger than 1 3/16" or bigger because it hits the riser. Is there anything I can do to get my centershot closer to 13/16. It's very obvious it's off when looking down the string with arrow nocked. Can anyone help me or is there not anything I can do? Also I have been to my local bow tech and it seems as if that's the best I am going to get. I don't have a press so can't do it myself, I would have to go to my pro shop. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

texmex is there any possibility that you may be torquing the bow grip as well as this being the correct draw length ?
    If you are sure this is not a operator error issue you may be able to adjust your cable guard rod location to get a closer center shoot. No press needed for this,just loosen the loc screw and pivot it slightly. Once loosened and moving it ever so slightly you will be able to see center shot location move, just make sure to have enough room for fletching clearance.

Comment

I am normally a 29" DL but shoot 1/2" longer on elites. I am not torqing the as I have had my tech look at that for me. I will try and mess with the cable guard rod. Thanks

Comment

You may need to shim it. I would have someone else shoot it first just on the slim chance it is a grip issue. Don't hesitate calling Elite. They are very helpful and may just have you send it back and they can change out the shims.

Comment

Move the rest over until the center shot is 13/16'; easy.

Forget bullet holes in paper; center everything up, make sure you have the correct spine and length arrows. French tune or walk back tune the whole system. Then, shoot the broadheads and group tune.

Done.

If you can see that the arrow is off then it isn't set to center correctly; there is nothing to shim for center shot, it is a function of the rest position.

Forget the paper, get back to the basics of tuning. If you can't French tune or walk back tune the bow your grip/form is suspect. The arrow doesn't lie.

Comment

Move your rest out to 13/16 and try a 340 or 330 arrow,your 300 spine might be a little heavy.(stiff)

Comment

Center shot should be beween 3/4 to 13/16 on Elites. Your just in 1/8 too far. Like said above move it out a lil and walk back. Should be on the money with 300 spine with your set up.

Something I do walking back is drop a string with a weight through the center of the target and fine tune the rest to the string.
              Last edited by mchildress; 12-29-2015, 09:24 PM.

Comment

Thanks for all the advice. Double G I did start off with 340 axis and I was closer to 1/2". My arrows are cut exactly to 29". I will move rest back out to 13/16 and walk back tune. How far do you all walk back tune too?

Comment

Should be using a bare shafts or fletched?

Comment

My Walk Back Tuning Tutorial

How to Walk Back Tune

This post also contains the Modified French tuning Method by Nuts and Bolts. I prefer the Walk Back Method but if space is limited use the Modified French Tune Method. This method was specifically developed to use in distance limited circumstances.

Use a fully fletched arrow with the correct weight field point.
                    Last edited by Rat; 12-30-2015, 08:15 AM.

Comment

Here is why we tune the whole system:

Why we should tune the WHOLE system

And my tuning sequence from the beginning:

Rat's Tuning Sequence

Man, I can't believe it's been almost 8 years since I wrote those...

And here is one on form from this year...
                      Form, Tuning our bodies
                      Last edited by Rat; 12-30-2015, 08:33 AM.

Comment

To check spine you can shoot through paper with different weight points. If you are using 100gr points add 50 grains and see the effect through paper.
                        There are many things that can cause this including limbs. I have been able to move center shot by swapping limbs from inside to outside and shimming one limb. Quite often one limb is weaker than the other. They are not bad, just have a slightly different deflection.

Comment

Thanks Rat. The only issue with me walk back tuning is I just had surgery on my left ankle this past monday,Torn tendon. I would think I could do french tune if I sit down? I can shoot up to 10 yards from in my dining room into my garage. Which is enough space to do french tune.

Comment

Originally posted by texmexboy210 View Post
                            Thanks Rat. The only issue with me walk back tuning is I just had surgery on my left ankle this past monday,Torn tendon. I would think I could do french tune if I sit down? I can shoot up to 10 yards from in my dining room into my garage. Which is enough space to do french tune.
                            I see no reason why you couldn't French Tune while sitting.

Comment

Production might have the cam shims on wrong side since it's a lefty and not near as many are made compared to right hand bows.

Comment

Working...
                              X