Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Rage hypodermic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My brother bought the knock offs and so far the have all bent... Just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
      My brother bought the knock offs and so far the have all bent... Just saying.
      Originally posted by BaileyTBowers View Post
      What are they called?

There are a lot of companies in China making the Rage Hypodermics knockoffs so it all depends on what company makes them as far as if they are good or not. The funny thing is my buddy bought some off ebay from the same place I bought some from and his were crap and mine good. I think this is because the company we bought them from doesn't actually make them so they were probably from two different manufactures.

The first ones I bought the blades were breaking off in my target so I didn't shoot any animals with them. I bought more from another company and they work great. I've shot 4 pigs and a buck with them and no damage to any of them. Got a pass through on the buck and a sow, shot one sow in the head and dropped here in her tracks and a boar that I shot hard quartering because I was afraid of penetration issues. Ended up getting the heart on the boar but as I suspected the penetration wasn't that great considering I came in behind the ribs and hit no other bones yet the broadhead stopped right past the heart. I normally shoot hogs with Magnus stingers and I know if I would have made the exact same shot with a Magnus it would have blown right through as I've made that shot plenty of times on boars that were even bigger.

The knockoffs are called Rage Hypodermics.

Comment

Well if anyone has any they don't want it will take them.

Comment

Originally posted by whakm View Post
          One shot, one kill.
          I know they're expensive and I know I can replace the blades but I just don't want to take the chance. I just buy two or three pkgs of them through out the year and then it doesn't hurt so much.
          This, and keep some old ones for coons/turkey/pigs

Comment

Originally posted by Fergeris View Post
            How many reuse theirs. I have been I read somewhere where someone took theirs resharpened them an used them again I did it an man still working. I took my 4th deer this morning with this head

You know I won't use a head that's only good for one go-round. [emoji13]

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
              You know I won't use a head that's only good for one go-round. [emoji13]
              Yes sir that's y I asked you about them. [emoji3]

Comment

Yes sir that's y I asked you about them. [emoji3]

I don't see why you couldn't as long as it's not bent. Slick that tip up, Resharpen the blades and swap the cup.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                  I don't see why you couldn't as long as it's not bent. Slick that tip up, Resharpen the blades and swap the cup.
                  Heck I'm just spinning the cup. There are 3 tabs I get 2 shots out of them. If they don't look bad three I did some testing on thay first to make sure but it works. With oil down I'm have to be a cheap skate haha

Comment

Heck I'm just spinning the cup. There are 3 tabs I get 2 shots out of them. If they don't look bad three I did some testing on thay first to make sure but it works. With oil down I'm have to be a cheap skate haha

If it works!!!!

Comment

So far so good.

Comment

Working...
                      X