No announcement yet.

Your favorite single pin sight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking about getting the spot Hogg boss Hogg any thoughts on that?

Comment

I think the hog father will get the most

Comment

Originally posted by TexasGunSlinger View Post
        I've always been a fan of the hogg father and black gold as I previously stated. My girlfriend shoots the HHA optimizer on her bow an loves it..I just got a new set up and I think I'm gonna end up going with hha' s new kingpin with the dovetail. Ive always thought HHA made a great sight that stays bright longer than most I just like sights that are extended and now that they came out with the kingpin with a dovetail attachment I'm pretty pumped about it! I would definitely give it a look! It also comes with a light attachment for low light in a ground blind!
        Just ordered the Kingpin on a dove tail in .010 pin, I am beyond stoked.

Comment

Montana Black Gold Ascend Ambush.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
            Montana Black Gold Ascend Ambush.
            This. Have one on each of my bows

Comment

Accutouch Carbon Pro I believe is the best there is for a hunting sight by a pretty good margin now that I've got to put my hands on one. Hogg Father second. A couple other top ends would be CBE Tek Hybrid Pro and MBG Pure Gold
              Last edited by bphillips; 12-18-2015, 06:17 PM.

Comment

hha optimizer king pin
                i like it cause its way lighting than my spot hogg hoggfather was and has way brighter pinsand pretty accurate to 100
                Last edited by BIG BONE; 12-18-2015, 06:18 PM.

Comment

I have the king pin. I hunt with the quiver on all the time. and the yardage marker is very hard to read with arrows in the quiver. And to think this is why they moved the dial forward. So I modified it to work. And all the screws rust pretty bad. Other then that its a good sight. Oh Yea, way over priced for what you get IMO. Next time I will probably go with a spot hog.

Comment

Your favorite single pin sight?

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
                    I have the king pin. I hunt with the quiver on all the time. and the yardage marker is very hard to read with arrows in the quiver. And to think this is why they moved the dial forward. So I modified it to work. And all the screws rust pretty bad. Other then that its a good sight. Oh Yea, way over priced for what you get IMO. Next time I will probably go with a spot hog.

That's how a MBG Ambush Ascend come. I leave my quiver on too. That's why I picked it over all the others.

Last edited by JW; 12-19-2015, 11:35 AM.

Comment

I myself dont have one but plan on buying a Spott Hogg Hogg Father!!

Comment

My Xmas present to my self was a HHA Kingpin, put it on and sighted it in on Xmas eve and I am throughly impressed with it. A lot more consistent with it than I was with my 5 pin. At this point I don't think I will ever switch back.

Comment

Originally posted by TxCreedXs View Post
                          I myself dont have one but plan on buying a Spott Hogg Hogg Father!!

I had it. I liked it. Just not as much as the MGB.

Comment

I had the MBG Ascent Ambush, can't beat the pin brightness BUT the photochromic shell has a flaw on that particular sight: when the light is on, you can see the shell glowing from in front of the bow. That means, in theory, if you're using your light on your sight and you're aiming at the deer, they're gonna see a glowing purple object from the inside of your blind or in a tree. I sold it because of that.

I also had the HHA DS-5519 (dial, .019 pin). It also had flaws.....like everyone else has said, the bolts rusted up quickly (not the end of the world but annoying for a $230 sight) and the dial was in the way for a standard quiver mount. You had to buy a bracket to make it work, which added more cost and more weight to the bow. The slider didn't have the same problem, only the dial. I loved the pin brightness (it's at least equal to the MBG) and adjustable rheostat.

I wouldn't buy a Spot Hogg sight but that's just me. Their pins are dull compared to HHA and MBG and for what you're paying for them, it's not worth it. To me, pin brightness should be the #1 factor when deciding which sight you're going with. It's a given that you want them to be durable but I don't need mine built like a tank so that argument isn't valid for my particular needs.

I have a MBG Pure Gold 3 pin slider (best of both worlds) right now. MBG added a metal shield to the front of the photochromic shell which eliminates the issue of game being able to see the glow and adds durability to the sight. I'm debating on trying out the HHA Kingpin with the dovetail. Most people seem to like it.

Comment

What is the dial in process for the MBG? I know with the HHA you sight in at 20 and 60, then just use the marks on the tapes. HHA owners- is this accurate from your experience?

Comment

Originally posted by scjeeptx View Post
                                What is the dial in process for the MBG? I know with the HHA you sight in at 20 and 60, then just use the marks on the tapes. HHA owners- is this accurate from your experience?
                                Only having mine on a week, it is accurate at 20,30,35,40. I shot a couple of groups at each to test it and it seemed good.

Comment

Working...
                                X