Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Anybody shoot with both eyes open?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't use a peep but shoot both eyes open.

Even when I did use a peep I shot with both eyes open.

Comment

My compound bow I like to use one eye with peep. Long bow I shoot both eyes open.

Comment

I do

Comment

I do for bows, shotguns, pistols, and open sight rifles. One eye closed for scoped rifles

Comment

Originally posted by Thwackdaddy View Post
            Both open all the time every time ....bow, rifle, shotgun, pistol ... Peep, scope, iron sights
            This!

Comment

Both eyes when I can. I wear glasses now and if I pull them off immediately before I shoot, my eyes do not have time to adjust, so I need to use one eye. Unless you have one dominant eye, shooting with both eyes in every application is best because it widens your field of view. This comes into play for me when I am looking through a scope and trying to follow up with a second or third shot and do not want to lose my target after firing. If you spent your whole life shooting with one eye, it will feel ackward at first, but you will learn to like it after awhile. But I would learn it at the range, you should always shoot with what you are comfortable with in the field, and that goes beyond your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by HeyMikey View Post
                I shoot right-handed, but I'm left eye dominant, so the sight picture was skewed when I tried to shoot with both eyes open, and there's no way that my brain was going to allow me to compensate for it. If somebody else can do it, my hat's off them.
                I am also left eyed dominate and shoot bow right handed and gun left handed. I have learned to shoot bow with both open so it can happen. Just open eye very slowly and really concentrate looking with non dominate eye. It gets much essier with practice.

Comment

I have used both eyes for years, but sometimes my left eye will take over and cause the shot to shift to the right. I have practiced both ways, but I can't seem to control my left eye's habit of taking over. Lately, I have been going with the closed left eye just to guarantee the point of aim won't switch on me.

Comment

Part of why I'm gonna switch to it is because of issues making out my target due to pin blurriness.

I switched back to a single pin so I'm pretty confident it's got it under control. Gotta get it sighted in beyond 20 though so we will see how it works!

Comment

Originally posted by HeyMikey View Post
                      I shoot right-handed, but I'm left eye dominant, so the sight picture was skewed when I tried to shoot with both eyes open, and there's no way that my brain was going to allow me to compensate for it. If somebody else can do it, my hat's off them.
                      I have the same problem and it has always been a struggle with the shotgun. When I bought a bow in 2013, I bought a left handed bow.

Comment

both

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                          Yes bows and guns. Scope and no scope.

Comment

Originally posted by popup_menace View Post
                            I do for bows, shotguns, pistols, and open sight rifles. One eye closed for scoped rifles
                            This is me too!!!!

Comment

Yes both eyes open shooting a bow.

Comment

1-rifle 2-shotgun 2-bow

Comment

Working...
                                X