No announcement yet.

Broadhead expectations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought slick trick vipers because I wanted a bit of both. I would love to have the blades stay straight and flawless animal after animal, but I don't expect that to be the case. But, I fully expect the ferrule to come out the other side without being dinged, dented, or damaged. The Vipers allow me to have a COC profile with replaceable blades and a tough ferrule.

Comment

the only expectations i have for broadheads are fly straight and main blades should not break or bend. a broken or bent blade is a failed bh. now the bleeders can break, but the main blade better not. nicks are completely acceptable.
      just my $0.02....

Comment

I agree with the slick trick crowd. (100gr Mag)

Affordable
        Durable
        Fly like field points
        Fixed blade with good cut diameter
        And in my case......proven effectiveness. I won't change, if what I am shooting works.

Comment

I expect the broadhead to fly true and kill the animal quickly (provided that I make a good shot). I would prefer to be able to re-use the broadhead. I have been able to re-use every slick trick magnum that I have killed something with (even when the arrow broke or the broadhead was imbeded in bone after the shot). I shot a turkey recently with an original Rage 2 blade and the aluminum shaft of the broadhead bent and it is not re-useable. The rage did a great job killing the turkey and it only went about 5 steps. I am not disappointed in the Rage, but at $14 a pop I wish I could re-use it. Broke my arrow too. Expensive turkey LOL!

Comment

Fly straight
            Sharp as the dickens
            Steel ferrules.... period
            Blades that won't break apart on ribs

Comment

Working...
            X