Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Safety Harness Giveaway Thread (just pay shipping)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Safety Harness Giveaway Thread (just pay shipping)

In light of Ragin's thread reminding everyone to wear a safety harness while hunting in a stand I decided to start this thread.

When I started hunting in a tree I had limited funds. I bought a real cheap used hang-on and started looking for a harness. I found a thread on the larger archery web site where people were giving away the harnesses that came with their new stands (since most used a better harness). So I landed a harness for the price of shipping.

I have now reached the point where I too have upgraded my harness and would like to pass along the offer that got me up in a tree relatively inexpensively.

I have 2 harnesses.

A black one (without suspension relief, came with my Millennium hang-on) and a tan/brown one (with a relief strap built in) that I received used in my first deal.

Both are in great shape. The black one has never been used. And the other one, which is the better harness, shows no real signs of wear.

The black one comes with instructions, the other one does not.

If you are in need of a harness, then just pay shipping and I will send it to you.

I would also like to encourage all other TBH members to donate their un-used harnesses to the cause. As people commit to donate, my hope is new tree or stand hunters will take advantage of these offers.

So, I have 2 harnesses up for grabs... Who needs one for the price of shipping?

not sure, but i believe both of mine might fit in $6 and something envelope at the post office...

here a few videos to watch.

first one is about some survivors of falls (no harnesses) and shows the proper way to hang a stand.

the second actually shows a guy falling after he had just spoke about safety harnesses to the camera. he unhooked and his climbing stick broke.

and the 3rd about Mike McCabe who fell because of his stand broke. to this day he cannot walk, but has hope.

Comment

ttt

Comment

This is an awesome deal guys. Paying it forward. Anyone that is currently not using a harness and lifeline to hunt is doing a disservice to not only themselves but more importantly to their loved ones.

Comment

Originally posted by sectxag06 View Post
          This is an awesome deal guys. Paying it forward. Anyone that is currently not using a harness and lifeline to hunt is doing a disservice to not only themselves but more importantly to their loved ones.
          This

Comment

ttt

anyone need a harness?

anyone willing to donate to the cause?

Comment

Good thing your doing sir

Comment

Originally posted by TX Outlaw View Post
                Good thing your doing sir
                thanks man.

just think of all the unused harnesses out there in boxes or closets or drawers.

and then think of the newbies that want to hunt off the ground. i don't want anybody to get hurt in a tree, but it happens all the time.

this isn't just for newbs either, if you are a long time hunter that wants to start wearing a harness, here is your chance...

so i say we try to put all these harnesses laying around to some good use

Comment

standby, im waiting on a text back to see if my hunting buddy has one.

edit, ill take the tan one for my hunting buddy. pm sent.
                  Last edited by hully1029; 10-02-2015, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Great idea!

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
                      standby, im waiting on a text back to see if my hunting buddy has one.

edit, ill take the tan one for my hunting buddy. pm sent.
                      pm sent back

Comment

Originally posted by Shake N' Bake View Post
                        Great idea!
                        thanks Tobin...

they aren't doing any good collecting dust.

Comment

Good jester, there aren't any trees big enough to hunt out of where I hunt.

Comment

looks like i have given the tan harness to hully1029.

that still leaves the black harness...

who else can help by giving up an unused harness?

Comment

Sent pm

Comment

Working...
                              X