Helical degree question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Helical degree question

I've been out of archery for about four years. When I shot broad heads before I shot 4" vanes.
    Fast forward four years and I'm seeing a lot of people 2" vanes with their broad heads.
    I'm shooting Nitrum 34 with a 30"draw,@65lbs. My broad head is a 100grain slick trick with a 1/18" cutting diameter.
    My question is what degree of helical are y'all using on 2" vanes?
    1/2,1,2,3?
    Thanks for the help.
    Shaun

Whatever the Arizona mini does (6deg?), they claim maximum helical

Vey easy to use jig and I will not be using anything else for short vanes

Comment

I use 3* with Blazers and Slick Tricks.

Comment

Well the fletcher I just bought only goes up to 3. I guess I'll fletch a few up at 3 and see how they fly at that.

Comment

3* is probably plenty

Comment

This is a side note. I've used lots of Fletcher's through the years. I went to Cabelas today to get a new one. I was surprised to see Goat Tuff was offering a fletcher now. Here are a couple pictures of me using it tonight. It's only had a couple arrows through it but I'm VERY happy with it so far. I'm pretty picky with my arrows being done right and looking good.

Comment

3 degrees is what bohning found to be optimal for blazer vanes. That's what I fletch mine at.

Comment

Mine are 6... I would do 3 if that's the highest you can get

Comment

I use a BITZENBURGER jig , anyone know what degree it is. Not dial adjust version. It has worked great , maybe an area I can make a improvement on my arrows. Need to re fletch a few of them before season.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post

This^^^

Comment

I have the 6 degree.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post

Yes, the Arizona is a 6 degree. It makes the Blazers look like a boat prop. It's a plastic fletcher, so I run a line of Vaseline down the slits before slipping the vane in. The Vaseline will act as a protective layer to keep glue from getting ahold and melting at the plastic.

Comment

My preference is the more the better. Shooting fixed blade heads with 4" vanes.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X