Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rage Chisel Tip 2-Blade SC 100-gr. Broadhead??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rage Chisel Tip 2-Blade SC 100-gr. Broadhead??

Has anyone every used these? Caught some on sale awhile back and bought them figured and I would give them a try. I have never used them only mechanicals I have ever shot are shwackers. Thanks for the input!!!!

I've used them for the last 2yrs. I love them. Haven't lost a deer yet. They fly strait and deploy every time.

Comment

Sweet!! Good to hear. I was kinda worried about the collar slipping off when shot or something and the blades opening in flight.

Comment

I had just the opposite experience. I have used rage for years. Went to these last year. Shot a buck broadside. Went in behind the shoulder perfect. Exited in front of opposite hip. I did recover the deer but it makes you wonder how it would take that steep of a turn inside the body.

Comment

Originally posted by breese View Post
          I had just the opposite experience. I have used rage for years. Went to these last year. Shot a buck broadside. Went in behind the shoulder perfect. Exited in front of opposite hip. I did recover the deer but it makes you wonder how it would take that steep of a turn inside the body.
          I had that happen on my very first deer with a bow. Shot a doe behind the left shoulder and the arrow was sticking out of the right hind leg like backside near the butthole with about 5 or 6" still inside her leg. I was using G5 montecs.

Comment

ttt

Comment

What causes an arrow to do that, did it hit the opposite shoulder?

Comment

No idea. I didn't look hard to see but maybe the blade grazed a bone on entry that sent it angling in the glanced off the other shoulder or ribs IDK.

Comment

Ttt

Comment

I would hesitate simply because it says the chisel tip gives the broadhead "extra power"...

Comment

Originally posted by popup_menace View Post
                      I would hesitate simply because it says the chisel tip gives the broadhead "extra power"...
                      It seems like it would be better at breaking through bone. Just how it seems in my mind.

Comment

i use the chisel extreme on pigs and honestly shot selection and recovery isn't a premium for me. That said results are good . . . . probably about the same as I'd expect from any other rage.

I think for a deer the hypodermic performs so well i'm not interested in the chisel tip.

Comment

Cool deal thanks guys

Comment

Working...
                          X