Solid broadheads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solid broadheads

Now that they have been out for a while and getting more popular... What do yall think? Positives, negatives, ease of tune etc? Wanting to shoot these outa my nitrum turbo

STAY AWAY! My boss went on an african safari with them about 2-3 weeks ago to shoot a cape buffalo. He is shooting an 80 lbs energy 32 with a 500 grain arrow. The broadhead hit the first rib and broke in half. That is 12 grand he just watched walk off with no deathly wound. He went back top the camp and got his german kinetics, stalked it for 8 hours, and shot it again. The day he got back he called the rep and now there is a recall for them because his was not the first case.

Comment

They remind me of the cheapo carbon express heads I used to have. They were impossible to tune

Comment

We were playing with the 175 gn head and it flew awesome just not very strong. It only has 1 screw holding the blade

Comment

I bought 2 packs. At 29$ per head, they look very fragile. I have shot them through foam, and they shoot directly with my field tips. Will use them this season on some deer and pigs. Hopefully doc chimes in, he has shot a mess of North American game with them I believe.

Comment

I've used them now for a couple of seasons. Fly just like FPs, and also have had a complete pass through. I've got one solid that's been through 6 pigs and still sharpens up like the day I got it.

Comment

Thanks guys keep em coming!

Comment

I am going to try them this year also, if I ever get the chance. This makes me a little nervous though. As far as targets they seem to fly great and stay sharp. Hope Doc. chimes in.

Comment

docmay has had good results with them.> I have broken to many practicing to ever shoot them at any big animals

Comment

I shot the 100 grain head earlier this summer and killed an axis with it. Head didn't suffer any issues and i'm going to hopefully send it through a whitetail later this year. Also shot an axis doe with a different solid head and it zipped through her at 20 yards and piled up in a ton of rocks and it didn't break anything on the blade. It sure knicked the edge, but that's completely expected. Doc has definitely killed a lot of big game with them, he will chime in i'm sure.

Comment

Anyone got entrance exit pics? How is the blood trail?
                      Last edited by Ttechhunter; 09-14-2015, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Thinking back, seems I remember Doc. saying he had one brake on a caribou. But not real certain if it was him or not.

Comment

For those who have used and are using, are you using the 1/2" or 3/4" bleeders?

Comment

I have shot them for a while. I had one break where the vent portion of the main blade is located. That was after going through a muskox scapula and lodging in the off shoulder. I blew through my grizzly with one bug never could find the arrow. I had one break in a target but I hit it from behind with s field point. They wouldn't be my first choice for Cape buffalo but would love to know more about the guy that went after cape with a 500 grain arrow. That is not real smart to begin with. Most guys that have dangerous game knowledge start at 850 grains for Cape buffalo. Was the impact from the silver flame and the solid exactly the same on the buffalo? Both hit same amount of bone? I would predict that a 500 grain arrow would pretty much suck on s Cape buffalo unless you went between the ribs with very minimal bone contact.

Comment

Docmay would you recommend solid broadheads for whitetail and hogs?

Comment

Working...
                              X