Best vanes for low poundage setups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best vanes for low poundage setups

Title says it. What length vane is best for low poundage setups? 2", 3", or 4"

For hunting? Target? How low of poundage?
    Get the right bow string for your bow at 60X Custom Strings! We offer custom bow strings, crossbow strings, and so much more. Explore all we have to offer today!

Comment

Hunting mainly. That's what there practicing for anyway. Not sure they pull enough yet. Son is 30lbs and wife is 32lbs

Comment

My wife runs Blazers at 35# and they do great. Helical is the key. Get an Arizona ez fletch right helical and a bunch of Blazers. This HS worked for me for a good while, and my arrows fly pretty dang good put to 100

Comment

Originally posted by popup_menace View Post
          My wife runs Blazers at 35# and they do great. Helical is the key. Get an Arizona ez fletch right helical and a bunch of Blazers. This HS worked for me for a good while, and my arrows fly pretty dang good put to 100
          this^^^...a helical will slow your arrow...but the size of the vane shouldn't matter at that low poundage.

Comment

Originally posted by StringStalker View Post
            Hunting mainly. That's what there practicing for anyway. Not sure they pull enough yet. Son is 30lbs and wife is 32lbs

As said. Blazers with some helical and be done. You can get away with and offset on perfectly executed shots. But there is no good reason to. As far as helical slowing you down it is so minor it's not even worth mentioning.

Comment

Working...
            X