Arrow Flight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrow Flight

I have a Hoyt Maxxis 35 set at 70lbs draw weight. I notice when I'm practicing my arrow does something similar to a fighter jet barrel roll not a football spiral in mid flight. I'm hitting the target where I aim but I'm not sure that I haven't been compensating for that while sighting in. My arrows are LT Rhino 55/80 with 100 grain field tips and a 100 grain rage hypo practice tip. Is there something wrong with my setup?

Put a BH on those arrows and it will tell you on the first shot if that set up needs some tuning! Fp's will fly most of the time the same no matter how bad the bow tune is.

Comment

I'll give it another try, thanks.

Comment

I have seen the same thing before when shooting, I always thought it was an optical illusion from the different colors of the fletching

As long as the arrow hit where I was aiming I never worried about it much

Comment

if its just one or a few, then i would twist the nock 120 degrees to see if that helps. i usually shoot every arrow in a new dozen to see which fly like the others. if its all your arrows, you gonna need to tune that bow. start with paper tuning then finish with french tuning or walk back tuning.

Comment

Working...
          X