Release Upgrade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Release Upgrade?

Im in the market for a new release. The one i use now it the original one I've had for over 5 years and its starting to fall apart. i think it time for a new one. Since i haven't looked at releases in a long time i have no idea whats good these days. whats everybody using? Anybody have suggestions?

Thanks

My advise would be to go to the shop and put your hands on some, heck the shop I go to will let you test them out. I know it's not much, but I'd rather get what feels good on the shot to me as I know for fact I can't shoot a few my buddy shoots as I don't like his set up on his releases.

Comment

I like scotts releases. Have shot cobra and trufire release but scotts wins easily. My wife just switched from trufire to scotts. I shoot the Sabertooth and she shoots the rhino xt. And for 3d I use the exxus.

Comment

If your looking at wrist type Scott are great . I switched to a tumb release when my wrist strap wore out. Now shooting a stanlawski "just x ",great release.

Comment

If your looking at thumb releases ive got a stan shoot off for sale if your interested. Its a 4 finger medium. Great release i just prefer a wrist release

Comment

Just switched to a Tru-Fire Hardcore Max... Best release I've had yet. If you're looking at thumb releases they make a thumb release version.

I've also got a Scott Exxus Core that I hunted with last year. Great release as well. Only downside is having to run a longer D loop since the head doesn't pivot.

If you ever develop target panic, a good way to overcome it is to switch from a thumb style to a trigger release, or vice versa. (or even better, back tension during the offseason. The best is not to develop bad habits for target panic!)

Really it all depends on A) Do you want a hook style or caliper? Single Caliper? Dual Caliper?

and B) do you want adjustability? If you do, you'll have to pay for it.

Whatever you go with, all of them work. Try several before you fork over the cash!
            Last edited by Kirby86; 09-07-2015, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Scott, Scott or Scott.

Comment

I shot a Scott for years and liked it. Then I wanted to start shooting a single caliper release like a spott Hogg. Couldn't afford the hogg, but got a tru-ball fang wrist strap release. It's the best I've used. Extremely light trigger, but also has a replacement spring and trigger to customize to your taste. Also, the entire head swivels, making it easy to use as a left or right handed release. The length is also adjustable by simply screwing in one Allen screw in the desired spot.

Comment

i started shooting a carter squeeze me last year and accuracy went through the roof. i practiced exclusively with it, shot maybe one or 2 with my scott at the end of each session and hunted with the scott. this year im going to ditch the scott and hunt with the carter.

Comment

After shooting thumb release, will never shoot another wrist style again.

Comment

I shoot with a Carter "like mike". Smooth as silk....

Comment

Originally posted by chris1911 View Post
                        i started shooting a carter squeeze me last year and accuracy went through the roof. i practiced exclusively with it, shot maybe one or 2 with my scott at the end of each session and hunted with the scott. this year im going to ditch the scott and hunt with the carter.
                        I did the exact same thing this year with the Chocolate Addiction

Comment

I shoot a Scott Little Goose because it works well for me.

Comment

Tru-Fire Hardcore Max

Comment

I have always shot a Scott but tried a Tru Ball Fang the other day wound up buying it. My groups tightened up almost instantly, just my .02

Comment

Working...
                              X