Hoyt roller cable slide conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hoyt roller cable slide conversion

Anybody replaced their inline rollers with the Ray Knight cable slide conversion?

ive been reading up on it and considering pulling the trigger on it.

Why would you switch from a roller to a slide?

Comment

Originally posted by popup_menace View Post
      Why would you switch from a roller to a slide?
      here is what he says it does, and all the reviews i have read on them everyone says it improved their bow greatly.

Aluminum model info:

This kit directly replaces the roller guard assembly with a CNC machined 6061 aluminum bracket and carbon fiber rod.

This system will take a lot of stress and side load out of the limbs allowing for straighter nock travel and allowing for tuning with almost zero cam lean required. Your lower cam will track straighter and the stop peg will hit right where it should on the cable and the top cam will track much straighter through its travel with barely any trace of lean.

The carbon rod is set at a 3 degree angle so as you draw, the cables go closer to the arrow and when you fire the bow, the cables get out of the way of your vanes. Smoother draw and cleaner arrow flight.

Accepts any 3/8" cable slide.

Carbon model info:

Eliminate the fixed roller guard on your Carbon Spyder or Carbon Matrix. Includes machined bracket and carbon rod. Fits any 3/8" cable slide. 6061 Aluminum. Black Anodized. (also available in polished aluminum on request) Made in USA.

* Smoother draw.
      * Allows the arrow to tune straight down the center.
      * Cam lean and limb twist are massively reduced.
      * Less load on limbs
      * straighter nock travel.
      * Allows for greater range of arrow spine selection.
      * Easier to tune.
      * Direct replacement for the roller guard.

Version 2 has more cable slide clearance for the number 3 size cams and has riser clearance relief cut for the Carbon Spyder risers. Stainless steel set screws are enlarged for more clamping force.

Comment

Ray knight stuff works great . Dude knows his stuff .

Comment

I ordered it and it's sitting in my mailbox waiting for me to get home. I yoke tuned my faktor turbo and it shoots beautifully but it has ALOT of cam lean. I'll install the cable slide tonight and retune it and see if I can eliminate the cam lean.

Comment

got it on, set center shot, 1 twist in the control and it timed right back up. started yoke tuning. getting a slight left tear at 5-6 feet but at 10 yards it is getting bullets.

still likes a little lean but not near as much as it did before. draw seems much more smooth and the hump going into the wall is gone. loving the way it feels so far.

the biggest thing i noticed is it has gone silent nearly. i thought the bow was a little loud before shooting light arrows (330grns) and now the noise is gone.

Comment

[ATTACH]741015[/ATTACH]
              [ATTACH]741016[/ATTACH]
              [ATTACH]741017[/ATTACH]

Comment

I know absolutely nothing about this Ray Knight guy, or his conversion.
                All I know, (as a tuning guy), is that anytime I can use a slide instead of a roller,.... I will.
                I've seen many more issues since the roller became, "the thing".
                The roller appears to be "high tech", and seems to sell bows, but I don't see any advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
                  I know absolutely nothing about this Ray Knight guy, or his conversion.
                  All I know, (as a tuning guy), is that anytime I can use a slide instead of a roller,.... I will.
                  I've seen many more issues since the roller became, "the thing".
                  The roller appears to be "high tech", and seems to sell bows, but I don't see any advantage.
                  ill admit that the rollers sold me when i switched from the alphamax to the maxxis and then to the crx and then to the faktor turbo looking to find that feel i had with the alphamax. this thing is an absolute dream to shoot now.

im going to keep tweaking it a little bit as this is my first time messing with making adjustments to cables ect.

Ray Knight is a brand i believe his real name is Chris Wiegand. He is known as a Frankenbow master. Builds all kind of bows, mainly hoyts from different limbs and cams ect.

He makes these cable slide conversions for alum risers and for the carbon bows. Pretty pricey at $79 for carbon models and $115 for alum bows but now im glad i bought it. Im sure I could have made one much cheaper.

Has a 3 degree offset - pulls cables closer to arrow when drawn and gets out of the way when released-same effect as the tilt tamer.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X