How do you de-scent your gear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im starting with a mud scrub and rain cycle. Even the gear storage bag gets some of the action. After a sun dry, on to baking soda flushes. Rinse rinse rinse for this guys gear. Gotta get the Phillipines, China, Mexico, and American retail out.
    Last edited by Briar Friar; 01-26-2021, 09:13 AM.

Ive always just sprayed down and hunted stands with the best wind. Every once in a while wash in scent free detergent

Comment

Scent free detergent scent free dryer sheets and put in storage containers with wafers

Comment

Scent free detergent and I cut some cedar branches and put them in my clothes box.

Comment

Put them in a storage container (I use Contico from Academy) and run an ozone device of some kind inside them for half-an-hour or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Jayt22 View Post
            Scent free detergent scent free dryer sheets and put in storage containers with wafers
            Same here

Comment

Baking soda! Lots of it!

Comment

unscented soap and then I scent my clothes,, I put them in a card board box with tree leaves and sticks even grass clippings, I hunt close to home most of the time so I just get what I need out of the back yard,,,,, I never go scent free,,, you will never be scent free so I make my clothes match the woods

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                  Put them in a storage container (I use Contico from Academy) and run an ozone device of some kind inside them for half-an-hour or so.

I bought one of those ozone things from Bass Pro for like $40. Let me tell you, this thing works. You pull it out of my box and it smells funny but it smells clean. I have been busted a lot less since I have started using it. I just put my stuff in a big airtight box and run it at night or during the afternoon. It was $40 well spent. Can even run it with a cigarette lighter plug.

Comment

Been busted after trying everything under the sun. Now I wash them in Unscented detergent and hang in my garage. Hunt the wind.

Comment

Smoke. Small fire in fire pit -- hang all hunting clothes on line over pit. After smoking, keep clothes in garbage bag till time to hunt (keeps from stinking up house/truck with smoke smell, also). Smoke kills bacteria-- which causes odor-- plus, overwhelms human scent with familiar scent to animals in wild.

Comment

Great techniques with experience to support.

Any particular brand of scent free detergent and dryer sheets? Ive tried a few but they all still have some scent it seems.

Comment

All I do is leave my clothes outside after we start our fire the first night at camp. I've had five deer downwind of me without busting me. Smoke works

Comment

Wash in scent free detergent. Then I store in a box with some cut cedar branches. This year I will put on a disguise, and buy some panty hose to store the cedar in and keep the needles from getting inside my clothes. Have also smoked my clothes and believe it to work. Carbon eats odor- it works. And most importantly- hunt the wind.

Comment

Originally posted by popup_menace View Post
                              All I do is leave my clothes outside after we start our fire the first night at camp. I've had five deer downwind of me without busting me. Smoke works
                              This..I do use spray but have never bought special soap for my clothes...my lovely wife does the laundry..afraid if I have her a special soap to use shed make me do it myself

Comment

Working...
                              X