Nock Point 1/4" High

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nock Point 1/4" High

I have read several places that the arrow nock point on the string should b 1/4" higher than 90 degrees from the arrow to the sting? None of the articles indicate what the purpose of nocking the arrow a 1/4" high accomplishes. Why? Is it due the cam on a bow? Is this for single cam bows only? Thanks

It's the cam system. Hybrids and solo cams 1/8-1/4 (most around 1/8") and duals and binary cams 90 degree. It's the way the cam system reacts upon release. A solo and hybrid have downward pull.

Comment

Very well explained, "downward pull". Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Handsome View Post
        It's the cam system. Hybrids and solo cams 1/8-1/4 (most around 1/8") and duals and binary cams 90 degree. It's the way the cam system reacts upon release. A solo and hybrid have downward pull.
        This exactly

Comment

Your arrow is going to flex. If you have it a little high, you will get a more consistent arrow flex.

Comment

Solo cams like to be nock high, on a cam and a half system you can run top cam fast and it will fix that problem. Using a string supressor could also need a nock high set up. A lot of the nock high came from using old flipper style rests.

Comment

I just set mine level and adjust with top cam. And I have a dual cam bow.

Comment

Working...
              X