Bowtech assassin arrows?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bowtech assassin arrows?

What weight arrows are y'all shooting out of your assassin? Assuming someone besides me still shoots one. I've been having HELL with my assassin and noise issues. I've taken it to the shop and had it tuned properly, new set of strings put on, and everything all checked out. Everything seems to be fine, but the slapping noise is still there. The bow is 29" DL maxed out at 70lbs. My gold tips weigh in at 399g. I figured that should be heavy enough to keep the bow from being excessively noisy. But the bow shop suggested otherwise and said I need to move up to around 450g. Does this sound reasonable?

I shoot a 2011 model at 28 inches around 68 pounds. Dont have any noise issues, i have gold tip 5575's not sure about weight.

Comment

Well I shoot the 7595 which are slightly heavier. I shot a heavier arrow while at the shop and the tech said oh ya its much more quiet. I didn't really hear a difference...

Comment

mine is 55lbs. 27.5" 320grains arrow and my brother has 29" @ 65lbs gold tip arrow 375grian arrow. NO slapping noise in either. we both have backstops on them. we think it makes more noise with the backstops on them, but i also think it makes it more accurate.

Comment

I never had a issue with noise from my Bowtech Assassin

Comment

Also, make sure you string stop is tightened securely. I have seen them become loose and make a little noise. They are hollow. I have seen some people stuff them with foam ear plugs

Comment

That's about what I figured, there's gotta be something else going on with the bow. I just don't know why they can't figure it out.

Comment

Originally posted by careybirdwell View Post
                Also, make sure you string stop is tightened securely. I have seen them become loose and make a little noise. They are hollow. I have seen some people stuff them with foam ear plugs
                Replaced mine with a bow rattler thinking that may have been the problem. Didn't fix anything.

Comment

The string stop and the stabilizer screw into an empty shaft. In mine there was just dead space there. I stuffed a bunch of foam ear plugs in there and then screwed my stabilizer back on. That seemed to help the sound. Also I shoot Easton FMJ 340, my sights are maxed out, I going to go back to the 400's to get a bit lighter and a tighter pin grouping, I doubt I will hear a noise difference.

Comment

Originally posted by jkelbe View Post
                    the string stop and the stabilizer screw into an empty shaft. In mine there was just dead space there. I stuffed a bunch of foam ear plugs in there and then screwed my stabilizer back on. That seemed to help the sound. Also i shoot easton fmj 340, my sights are maxed out, i going to go back to the 400's to get a bit lighter and a tighter pin grouping, i doubt i will hear a noise difference.
                    i had a noise issue with a diamond outlaw same bow as the assassin just single cam.. I did the ear plugs as well but i also got on bow jax and ordered a rubber stopper that fits over the existing one and it knocked out the noise alot..

Other than that i like the blood sport arrows and the black eagle line as well

Comment

OK I have to admit a stupid, stupid mistake.... I have been using the same three arrows to shoot with and occasionally flexing them because even with the noise problems I'm shooting tight groups with arrows touching at 20 yds on most sets. Well I wasnt flexing or inspecting well enough. All three arrows were cracked ever so slightly, but definitely enough to make the noise I was hearing. Once I found the cracks and switched to never before shot arrows the noise and jump in my bow decreased dramatically. I feel very lucky I didn't have an arrow splinter in my face.

Comment

I shoot 60 lbs and Ted Nugent's at 476 gr total weight. I have no noise issues. I have no idea what could be wrong. Please update and I'll follow.

Comment

Originally posted by jefandaward View Post
                          I shoot 60 lbs and Ted Nugent's at 476 gr total weight. I have no noise issues. I have no idea what could be wrong. Please update and I'll follow.
                          Look at post 11. For now from what I can tell, this was my issue.

Comment

Working...
                          X