Arrow set up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrow set up?

For those of you shooting low 60# around 28" draw, what arrow combination are you shooting?

For instance, today I was shooting a 28" Beman ICS Hunter 400 spine out of a 62# Mathews using 100 grain heads. It flew fine, but after shooting trad for the last few years I'm a bit out of the compound game.

I shoot GT 5575 at #63 29" draw never had a problem

Comment

I'm shooting .340 Easton Axis with 125gr Slick Trick Mags. 205gr total up front and 505gr total arrow weight.

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
        For those of you shooting low 60# around 28" draw, what arrow combination are you shooting?

For instance, today I was shooting a 28" Beman ICS Hunter 400 spine out of a 62# Mathews using 100 grain heads. It flew fine, but after shooting trad for the last few years I'm a bit out of the compound game.

You can get into a great arrow shooting a 300 spine running some extra tip weight with those numbers. 450ish with about 16% FOC is pretty doable and still gives decent speed.

Comment

Iam shooting 60lb at 28.8 in draw and shoot 5575 gold tips with a 125gr head.

Comment

I'm shooting a 29" bow at 70 lbs. I'm slinging Gold Tip 5575 Hunters, cut to a bit over 30". They are fletched with Blazer 2" vanes fastened right helical. I'm using 100gr field points for target and 100gr NAP Thunderheads for hunting. They fly like darts.

Comment

Bump

Comment

Nocam maxed out at 63-64 29" draw shooting 29.5" maxima Blu Rz 350.

Comment

My Z2 is maxed out at 65# 29.5" draw shooting 30" CE Piledrivers with a 100 gr head. Shoots plenty fast and heavy enough to kill anything in north America

Comment

I'm beginning to think that there may not be a weak or stiff arrow. Maybe extream weak or stiff.

The reason is looking at what some of y'all are shooting. I looked up on the Easton bow hunting chart. I used 100 gn tip. Made No adjustments.

At 62 to 66 lb 28 in draw 400 spine
                    At 67 to 72 lb 28 in draw 340 spine
                    At 62 to 66 lb 29 I draw 340 spine
                    But yet y'all are getting good flight and some are out of spec for spine.

Now the one that is getting me is slow&steady. I would have sold him 300 spine for that set up. And that is right off the chart.

But at 62 to 66 even at 28 in if shooting a fixed broadhead I would have sold a 340 spine

Comment

I've got a Mathews Chill SDX, 27.5" draw set up at 60 lbs. I'm shooting the new Easton Deep six FMJ, 400, with Rage hypodermic 2 blade 100gr broadheads. I like these arrows for the deeper penetration they offer over my original FMJ arrows. On the chronograph, i'm shooting 265fps with that setup.

Comment

55lbs, 29 in draw, 29 inch Easton FMJ with 100 gn G-5 Styrker

Comment

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
                          You can get into a great arrow shooting a 300 spine running some extra tip weight with those numbers. 450ish with about 16% FOC is pretty doable and still gives decent speed.

What he says ;-)

Comment

Bowtech Assassin 70 lbs at 27 in draw, shooting a Beman ICS Hunter .340 with a 100 gr slick trick/carbon express torrid ss/rage 2 blade/redhead gators, they seem to hit poa like field points

Comment

Bump

Comment

Working...
                              X