Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Mathews Heli-m draw weight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mathews Heli-m draw weight

My axle-to-axle is dead-on 30". The brace height is near perfect. The cable is dead center through the timing window. That's all I know to check. I'm only getting 67#-68# with it maxed out. I was told that is fairly common with Helims.
    Now, having said all of that. I am not terribly concerned about it. The bow is shooting lights-out. I'm just more curious about what others think about it maxing out that low.

You can get a couple of pounds by adding some preload to the limbs.
    If you twist the buss cable to add draw length and the twist the string to shorten the draw, you will add poundage. You will change the ata somewhat, but you can do this a couple of times. Each time bring the bow back to the right draw length and checking the poundage each time. If you have your own press it doesn't take much effort.
    If your bow is shooting great, I probably wouldn't worry.

Comment

Hey Corey add a twist to your cable on the bottom then if you need to fix your a2a you can take a twist out of the string. That's what I did

Comment

Call me if you need some help sir

Comment

Is that gonna affect my timing?

Comment

It shouldn't you kinda have to balance the twist between the 2. That's how I did mine
            Last edited by Fergeris; 08-16-2015, 07:01 PM.

Comment

It's kinda tempting to try to tinker with it a little. But dang, it's shooting so good, right now. I would hate to screw it all up, and end up having to take it somewhere to get un-screwed. But y'all have confirmed what I was fairly sure of. I should be able to get the full poundage, and still stay in tune, and in spec.

Comment

I understand but if something happens let me know an maybe we csn get together to get it fixed

Comment

Originally posted by wtflash View Post
                  It's kinda tempting to try to tinker with it a little. But dang, it's shooting so good, right now. I would hate to screw it all up, and end up having to take it somewhere to get un-screwed. But y'all have confirmed what I was fairly sure of. I should be able to get the full poundage, and still stay in tune, and in spec.
                  1. I don't think adding a twist to top and bottom is going to mess with your specs and bow performance.

2. That said a good shooting bow should be left alone . . . . what do you think 2lbs is going to give you.

3. My heli-m in spec and tuned bottomed out near 72lbs . . . . just depends on who and how the string was put on.

Comment

Originally posted by Fergeris View Post
                    Hey Corey add a twist to your cable on the bottom then if you need to fix your a2a you can take a twist out of the string. That's what I did
                    Both procedures lengthen the draw.

Comment

Working...
                    X