Tuning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post
    yes, the broad heads hit touching each other in the same dang hole. the ft do not group that well though. ill get a high hit, next one will be left ect. after a few sessions when they do group in the same direction is when i make the adjustments to bring the broad heads closer. they just aren't moving after the adjustment.

ie: bh will hit 5 inches right. i move rest to the outside of bow..and instead of the broad heads coming in, the fp go further left.
    You need to move rest toward broadheads not field points

Comment

Originally posted by enewman View Post
      You need to move rest toward broadheads not field points

The bh tuning chart shows to move rest to left when bh hit to right of fp?

Comment

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post
        The bh tuning chart shows to move rest to left when bh hit to right of fp?
        Yes I know. Move toward the broadhead

Comment

Wes122984

Have you had a chance to test moving toward the broadhead.

Comment

I haven't yet today- I will when I get home in a couple hours. I do recall taking it back in a few time over the last week though with no improvements.

Comment

Got home early. I'm going to reset center and start over. Again..

Comment

Ok- got nock set at 1/8" high. Center of rest set at 13/16".
                Attached Files

Comment

Starting to get somewhere. Yellow are the bh and Orange fp.
                  First group.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440283967.261473.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	161.4 KB
ID:	24399335

Brough rest out a little and brought nock down a hair.
                  This is where I sit now. That last fp low left I know I jerked.
                  Looks like the rest needs to come out a little more - and maybe nock to go a little lower. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440284047.914423.jpg
Size:	160.3 KB
ID:	24399337

Comment

Moved rest out a little more based on impact above- and here is what I got. So I'm assuming this is where you are saying move it back in... Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440284636.025919.jpg
Size:	348.0 KB
ID:	24399338

Comment

Move it back in a little - they tightened up a touch. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440285063.737204.jpg
Size:	163.9 KB
ID:	24399339

Comment

have you fully walk-back tuned? There could be issues there as well. Also, in order to tune well you need to have some pretty solid FP groupings to start with. I won't start shooting BHs until I can have three to four arrows touching at 20 and 30. Sometimes I spend more time practicing my form and release than I do tuning.

Comment

Originally posted by popup_menace View Post
                          have you fully walk-back tuned? There could be issues there as well. Also, in order to tune well you need to have some pretty solid FP groupings to start with. I won't start shooting BHs until I can have three to four arrows touching at 20 and 30. Sometimes I spend more time practicing my form and release than I do tuning.
                          yes. i have. for the life of me i could never even group fp well on this bow. i dont know whats wrong with it. my old back up i can shoot and have 2 inch groups at 30 and all touching at 20.

i know it sounds like it. but I'm not new to this. this is seriously the only bow i have ever had issues with. I'm no tuning guru, but i have always simply done a walk back tune, and then broached tune and be done. I'm done with it- its going into the classifieds cheap and a guru can try their hand at it if they wish.

i shoot my recurve better than this and i only shoot it a couple times a year.

Comment

I know you have done all of this but I think you need to start all over from the start

you need field points grouping before moving to broadheads. First. You need a level Knoc. Not 1/8 high. As long as your shooting a drop away set level Knoc.

Now shoot a horizontal line with 3 to five arrows. And adjust Knoc till all arrows are in a line. You can do the same by advance or retarding to cam. But press is needed.

Now after the Knoc is set do the walk back or mod French. Then you should have the field points grouping.

How much lean do you have in cam. I would match the top cam to bottom cam to start with. Then don't touch again till later in the game.

Still a lot to,do. But you got to get the field points grouping first.
                            Last edited by enewman; 08-22-2015, 10:31 PM.

Comment

Ok- I woke up and wasn't as mad at it as I was the night before- so I'm giving it another try.

Reset everything once more. Knoc is level. Shot at horizontal line and they all fell right in line. (At 10 yards)

Moved on to French tune.
                              First shot 1 arrow at 3 yards. adjusted sights until I'm on the line/string.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440356803.505923.jpg
Size:	313.0 KB
ID:	24399476
                              Moved back to 10 yards. Shot 3 arrows and got 1 on the line and 2 slight left.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440356858.524725.jpg
Size:	291.1 KB
ID:	24399477
                              Adjusted rest - moved in in toward bow the smallest adjustment I could and reshot at 3 yards.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440356909.208812.jpg
Size:	310.3 KB
ID:	24399478
                              On the line- so I move back to 10 yards and shoot 3. 2 arrows center the line- one went slight left.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440356959.448330.jpg
Size:	349.9 KB
ID:	24399479

Comment

Checked 10 yards again- I get exact same results - 2 in line and one left.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440357140.118414.jpg
Size:	338.2 KB
ID:	24399480

Now I would normally call that good- and move on to the broad heads.

Suggestions ?

Comment

Working...
                                X